Archived VML Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Friday my VML approached me and told me that she is looking to have someone to be trained, possibly even take on her role when she leaves and that she had put my name in for the job. This of course is (as far as Target goes) my dream job, and I would be ecstatic to even just get more softlines shifts in. From what I have seen of job listings, to become a VML wouldn't even require a degree which is just fine by me.

My biggest concern however is if other leaders would even consider me for the position. While I do my job and am cross-trained in a few other areas, I can be clumsy and I am fairly socially awkward. On top of that, I have goofed on a few occasions in front of leaders which may damage my reputation. Despite that, I have received glowing feedback and recommendations from not only my VML, but also our Softlines Leader, even HR.

Despite having a background in the arts, and I am currently pouring myself into whatever I can learn about visual merchandising, I still don't feel it's enough. What can I do to make it come across that I am fit for this job? What advice would you give for me to improve upon myself and show that I would be a good fit for the job and a benefit to the store as a whole? Any and all advice and feedback would be wonderful.

A vml job is not just soft lines. From another thread:
The VML and their merchandising brand TMs are responsible for setting and maintaining visual impact areas (VIA) in home innovation stores. These areas include the nesting tables, decor flat, and vignettes.

They may also assist with A&A moments and mannequins. They can also be consultants on PTM areas and softlines adjacencies. Their main focus is the VIAs in home. VMLs should be a resource for the store when it comes to visual merchandising.

Stores will be given 80 hours for the VML and merchandising brand TMs. If stores have an A&A merchandising brand TM that sets adjacencies and reworks racks (or does more than just works z-racks), then that(those) TM(s) should also be aligned to the VML as a direct report. The VML will be a direct report of the ETL-Sales Floor that is responsible for home areas.

sigma7, Jun 15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back