Archived Vml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I can't get search to work on my phone, otherwise I would just continue in a current thread....

How's the Vml position going in your store?

Mine, let's just rename it hltl and cut the pay already!

He came to our store in early October. Just followed the sf ETL around for 3 weeks. He did ship from store all of November and December. He hasn't been trained for the job (because sf ETL is a dumbass and texts on her phone all day). They shouldn't have hired him for it anyway. He has NO merchandising experience whatsoever.

And what I figured would change, has. He was told he could not cross merchandise anything on any displays because that is too confusing to guests. Can't add a necklace to a mannequin because the jewelry isn't displayed right there.

So he now is wondering what on earth the job is here for. What he's supposed to do all day. He can't do anything to the displays the Hardlines and softlines team leads didn't already do when they set them.

He was told by the Stl last week that our store doesn't really need a Vml (no home reinvention here) so his job duties will be more hltl related.

Yet he still doesn't EVER cashier, get endymes, or answer calls.

I'm over it. My store is only allotted 1 hltl in a super. The Vml just needs to take half the floor from the hltl to give him some relief.

I honestly can't say. The impact of our VML is completely negligible. We do have the home innovation remodel, so we have the fancy displays and everything. She spends probably 90% of her shift there. But that's it. Best I can guess, she pushes reshop/CAFs for her area, then just kinda "actively zones" it until there are more reshop/pulls. Definitely not exactly getting value for your payroll, Target. What's messed up though is that our VML doesn't do anything managerial whatsoever. I don't believe we have any Brand TMs set up for her to lead, and she doesn't even help lead the salesfloor in the absence of a HLTL.

The other thing about our store is that we have some pretty talented TMs, so the people who set the displays are competent enough to make the VML completely redundant. It's just unnecessary at our store. I'm sure that there are plenty of stores where the VML is a huge asset, but it just doesn't need to exist at mine.

We have one and was promoted to her team as Brand. We have a lot of focals and displays in our store that we merchandise and maintain. We do it mostly in home but everywhere also. We are heavily encouraged to cross-merchandise and she actually takes a managerial role. I'm in charge of all end caps, displays, etc we put up when she's not there. All that burden no longer is on the HLTL. So, I suppose ASANTS.

Our VML lasted maybe a month and then quit about a week after Black Friday.

Still have yet to hire a new one. Like others are saying, I really don't see the need. Just give us another HLTL position (make them a Senior for all I care). Let Minneapolis and the POG teams focus on Visual Merchandising.

I've gotten to know him more and like him as a person, but he's not held accountable to do anything. He has no idea what his job is and if can't find the LOD, just wanders the store doing nothing. Not even greeting guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back