Archived Wacky WACOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrou98

Because of YOU
What is a WACO? What do the letters stand for? People say the word all of time but I have no clue what it is.. By the way, what the heck is a POG?

Last edited:
A Waco is the cardboard bin in the backroom that’s used in the aisles, on the shelves to organize backstocked product. It gets its name from the city where they’re made, Waco.

POG is short for Plan-O-Gram. They tie an item to a specific aisle, shelf, and space on the shelf. That way when you scan a product you can find where it is in the store. This includes all products in the store except the hanging items in Style and any item that is flexed out. Flex items should be store tied though so other TMs can find the items. This is a very watered down explanation of what a POG is, if you want more details there are plenty of former presentation and signing TMs who could share years worth of knowledge with you 🙂

Target is big with acronyms. It makes “TLs” and “ETLs” feel intelligent when they spout out acronyms instead of just using the words. Calling customers “guests” doesn’t change anything about customer service. Personally I still approach people the same way no matter what Target wants to call them.

Target is big with acronyms. It makes “TLs” and “ETLs” feel intelligent when they spout out acronyms instead of just using the words. Calling customers “guests” doesn’t change anything about customer service. Personally I still approach people the same way no matter what Target wants to call them.
Yeah, I totally agree, the only reason why Target uses acronyms is to feel/sound intelligent. No where else in the real world are acronyms ever used.
Except maybe ,NASA,FDA,CDC,IRS,
And things like MRI, CT scans, ER , OR , and many others, but mainly people use these for no other reason than to sound/feel intelligent. They have no real world use at all. I think we should use long protracted words to describe mundane things, for fear of not sounding intelligent.
Intelligent; such a dirty , filthy word, how dare they.

Last edited:
What was wrong with “boss”

Now it’s who is our TL or ETL or Whatever the case, I just want to know who I report to, not their title. Store manager makes more sense than “executive team lead”. I have never seen the store manager at Target actually lead anything. In fact I hardly see my STORE MANAGER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back