Archived Want to transfer stores when i move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i currently live in ohio and i am moving back to michigan in a few months or less and want to know how i would put a transfer in to a store there. i have worked here 7 months. Also,do you get to keep your current pay when transferring. Thanks.

Talk to your ETL-hr asap. Let them know the new store(s) so they know who to contact. I just transferred (OH to MI actually!). It was easy but took a little time. My pay was the same (except my raise went into effect during the gap).

Welcome back to the Mitten! The pay should be the same as Ohio, but some metro areas might be higher. Talk to your HR asap. Also, check out the store(s) you are interested in.

So i currently live in ohio and i am moving back to michigan in a few months or less and want to know how i would put a transfer in to a store there. i have worked here 7 months. Also,do you get to keep your current pay when transferring. Thanks.

First research stores you would be interested in. Workhench on the store reports let's you research a stote. How long the leadership has been there, how many TLs they have, starting wage, demographics, if they have ship to store, baby 360 etc , engagement score, volume, AP risk -- it's crazy how much you can learn.

Give your etl HR the store number of stores you are interested in she will contact them. Some will want to know your review score and see attendance.

Some might want to do a phone interview

Regarding pay: Target does one thing really well. They will boost your pay if you move to a higher wage area but won't cut it if you move to a lower wage area. I do understand this limits your merit increases over time but it's still nice to make 2-3 bucks more than people doing the same job.

We had a cart attendant making 14 an hour transfer to a state on the east coast where the base is 10 dollars. He kept his salary meaning he makes the same as TLs at his store to get carts.

We have had tms who had to take the pay cut :(

For the same position? That is highly unusual. I have seen pay cuts for position changes but my etl hr told me we have to transfer people at the same rate they left

Regarding pay: Target does one thing really well. They will boost your pay if you move to a higher wage area but won't cut it if you move to a lower wage area. I do understand this limits your merit increases over time but it's still nice to make 2-3 bucks more than people doing the same job.

We had a cart attendant making 14 an hour transfer to a state on the east coast where the base is 10 dollars. He kept his salary meaning he makes the same as TLs at his store to get carts.
This makes me want to move somewhere LOL

For the same position? That is highly unusual. I have seen pay cuts for position changes but my etl hr told me we have to transfer people at the same rate they left
Yes, same position. Last one took a pretty big cut as a team member. He is a TL now, and after years, is back to making what he was before.

Some years ago, we had 3 tms transfer to us from the same store. They were doing all kinds of timeclock fraud because they were angry that they had to lose .50/hour. All got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back