Water while unloading truck

Pretty sure you can call the hotline and remain anonymous. If there's no broken cases of water or Gatorade coming off the line the ETL's and Team Leads either take one and break it open for the team or they usually already have prepared us cold drinks sitting in the walk in coolers that they bring out during the unload.
Maybe when we load the trailers at the DC we can stuff drinks in the middle of every so many walls like an LOL Surprise of thirst quenching!

Store directors update from today addressed the hot weather and states water is permissible in the back room, as well as making sure that the throwers are being alternated frequently.

Jesus even my Walmart store uses (requisitions) water for CAP 2 (second shift stockers who also do truck)...

You could try the hotline, OR...you could collapse. Then, when the EMTs arrive and ask what the fuck you were thinking attempting such a duration and intensity of physical activity in hot conditions without staying hydrated, you can groggily explain your store's "rule" to them with your TLs present.

This just about literally happened at my store several years ago. No one figured it out until the flow tl went into the truck to figure out why there wasn't anything coming down the line.

Dipshits are opening themselves up to more liability by not letting inbound have water. Definitely more than if Ecolab/Stertech/local health department were to roll in and catch them with it.

Does your store allow drinking of water while unloading?
We've never been told not to. The heat index here is over 100, a/c in the backroom is atrocious, etc. It's water with a lid, out of sight, and picked up, no one not even district has said anything. Last year when we didn't have a/c or fans they handed out water and "made" us drink it.

Just curious do they enforce wearing a mask for the unloader in the trailer?
The. Inbound/GM TLs don't for those inside the truck and aren't strict on those outside, but since unloads are later/ trucks are bigger it overlaps with store opening and style tm/tl usually tattle. 0745A or later definitely masks.

A doctor note for water, are they fucking kidding? Our original TL's were cool with it, they even provided it.
....and you must have the letter with you available to show.
I actually thought it was a target rule. When I first started in the back I hid a bottle in between my boxes on the boat. I guess in a rush I screwed the cap on at an angle and it leaked all over the floor. I thought, oh that’s why they have that rule. Lol

Inbound can have bottled water on the line. And TMs are allowed to have water in clear bottles on the floor. But it's only water and must be in clear bottles so it's obvious. (Although there's one TM with way too much attitude who has her bottle of soda during ad set. My store isn't very good about enforcing a lot of the rules, including this one.)
And I guess one could have certain other liquids in a clear bottle and have everyone think it's water....

....and you must have the letter with you available to show.
I actually thought it was a target rule. When I first started in the back I hid a bottle in between my boxes on the boat. I guess in a rush I screwed the cap on at an angle and it leaked all over the floor. I thought, oh that’s why they have that rule. Lol
Weird. I gave my letter to HR when I started, I never needed it on me after through three regime changes.

Back