Archived Ways to boost morale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what small things i could do to boost morale for my team
Because flow team has been getting
There asses kicked between all the doubles and the push that they have been having to roll over because there only allowed 15tm including the receiver every day.
There ETL dont give a shit about them and just keeps adding extra work for them so she can impress the STL
And the team trys the absolute best to accomplish all these insane tasks and if they do accomplish all there stuff plus extra. Nobody thanks them or recognizes them and the team all look like they hate everything and are about to give up

I work early every day, so I'm always working side by side with Flow. Hell, I work more with Flow than I do HLs. We've lost something like 8 people in the last month just on Flow Team. They're overworked and bust their asses every day.

I've been handing out candy bars to TMs. Just a small token of my appreciation. I've also been calling out Flow TMs on the walkie when I see that they are doing a great job.

I don't want to lose anymore TMs and we can't afford to lose anymore TMs.

Showing your appreciation goes a long way. Seriously. My TL gave me a little bag of candy and a thank you note for the work I do and it made my day. Another time a TL from another department came up to me and told me they noticed how hard I always work and they just wanted to let me know. Stuff like that really helps especially when you are dealing with the shitstorm that is modernization.

That kinda stuff used to happen all the time to me in the first couple of years... the last few - zero attaboys. The attitude changed to "why show I show you any appreciation merely for doing your job?"

a simple thanks. you’re doing a good job goes a long way.

the biggest morale killer though is scheduling me to close by myself at guest service and expecting i can get everything done with no help. it’s the lod walking by with the line to the door and asking me if everything is good up here when it is clearly not and walking away without offering any help. stepping in and helping would be nice.

Having one on one time with your TMs. This is the best source of morale boost when thinking of individual performance. (This technique has turned poor performance TMs into high performing). Requisitioning a meal here and there to those who have gone above and beyond. Some on our team have gone 14 straight days out of choice this past month and a few who go the distance cant afford a meal!

Also, huddles and group recognition..recognitions in group setting will propel your team forward and create an atmosphere you and your team will THRIVE from.

Also, make them laugh while they're working...youl be surprised at how much this helps when they see you laughing and happy when faced with large tasks...they will follow the lead!

Our STL doesn’t even acknowledge our existence unless they need something. “Anyone have a my device they can give up??” 🙄
They just walk by and don’t even make eye contact.
Terrible way to lead imo.
So I’m not expecting much out of them to do anything to boost morale.

Adding to individual recognition. And also recognition/rewards based on observed behavior ("I noticed you finished task X and then took the initiative to also do task Y. Thank you.") and not just bribes ("I'll buy you Starbucks if you finish on time/stay late.") The second one is a downer for the people who always stay late/finish on time and thus never need to be offered anything.

I was wondering what small things i could do to boost morale for my team
Because flow team has been getting
There asses kicked between all the doubles and the push that they have been having to roll over because there only allowed 15tm including the receiver every day.
There ETL dont give a shit about them and just keeps adding extra work for them so she can impress the STL
And the team trys the absolute best to accomplish all these insane tasks and if they do accomplish all there stuff plus extra. Nobody thanks them or recognizes them and the team all look like they hate everything and are about to give up

Perhaps give them all a little tiny chocolate mint and a small bottle of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back