Archived Weekend Call Outs: Corrective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our STL just implemented correctives for calling out on weekends for any reason. Says it's on account of bad attendance. Apparently not even a doctors note would change it. Seems cruel for those of us that are super dependable. Even heard an ETL say she thought it was too much. And I'm worried some still don't know the "policy" and may already be in trouble. 😟 Anyone else have or had this kind of scare tactic at their store?

That's something I would talk to your ETL-HR about. You shouldn't be punished for the actions of others. If they're having issues with people calling out on the weekends, they need to address it with the people making a pattern out of it. Hotline if nothing comes of that.

Attendance is horrible in my store. I would welcome this policy. Target is very lax when it comes to attendance.
If you are a TM/TL that calls out once in a blue moon, you have nothing to worry about.
If you call out all the time , (once a month or more) you need GTFO.

So our STL just implemented correctives for calling out on weekends for any reason. Says it's on account of bad attendance. Apparently not even a doctors note would change it. Seems cruel for those of us that are super dependable. Even heard an ETL say she thought it was too much. And I'm worried some still don't know the "policy" and may already be in trouble. 😟 Anyone else have or had this kind of scare tactic at their store?
I think it is a scare tactic. It’s possible they will actually enforce it and I don’t think it’s against company policy. Although with that said, I can’t see them doing more than just a verbal warning to someone who almost never calls out and has excellent overall attendance.

Straight to a corrective action is a bit excessive for a callout on weekends. However Remember a doctors note is not a protection against disciplinary action.

Attendance is so bad at my store, that we are doing a documented coaching for every absence, sick or not.

I have to do one this week, and I’m dreading it.

Our TL threatened write ups if we let the MyDevice phones pass three rings. Today we had one call get to four rings when I was helping a guest and was unable to answer. I’ll be surprised if he actually wastes his time following through.

Our TL threatened write ups if we let the MyDevice phones pass three rings. Today we had one call get to four rings when I was helping a guest and was unable to answer. I’ll be surprised if he actually wastes his time following through.
Wait, how do you make them ring? So far we just have leaders and clever TMs using them to answer their calls parked by the operator.

Wait, how do you make them ring? So far we just have leaders and clever TMs using them to answer their calls parked by the operator.
our store has the fitting room desk completely cleared out and the phone forwarded to 3544. We’re starting the FR GE trend early. We’re waiting on the mirrors for the door to arrive.

To write guests names on.
Ah. We have white boards.

Mirrors sound way better. More modern and ‘chic’.

Were they like a planned thing in the remodel, or was it an idea someone at store or district level came up with?

Were they like a planned thing in the remodel, or was it an idea someone at store or district level came up with?

Honestly, idk. First I saw of it was in the new FR guide. I had a thought that, after the district and group level folks went through the "modernization immersion", they saw some opportunities irt guest service/workload at the FR, adjusted, and came up with this stuff. 🤔

If this is the first step toward fixing an attendance problem, I'd say it's extreme. There are other, better ways to go about fixing a problem caused by a few slacker TMs. Seems like your STL is coming down hard on everyone when it's not everyone's fault.
Exactly, address the ones who have attendance issues instead of the ones who barely call out. I rarely call out and I would be pissed if I got a corrective for the one time I did.

If this is the first step toward fixing an attendance problem, I'd say it's extreme. There are other, better ways to go about fixing a problem caused by a few slacker TMs. Seems like your STL is coming down hard on everyone when it's not everyone's fault.

I honestly feel like the truly bad part of this is that it's communicated like a Dictator's whims. There is a sign in clerical about not bringing drinks on the floor, yet THIS is "tell your peers" sort if thing. It's so serious, potentially, but being executed in a kind of rage or something. People already hate this new STL, and this just gives that fuel.

Last edited:
I honestly feel like the truly bad part of this is that it's communicated like a Dictator's whims. There is a sign in clerical about not being drinks on the floor, yet THIS is "tell your peers" sort if thing. It's so serious, potentially, but being executed in a kind of rage or something. People already hate this new STL, and this just gives that fuel.
If the Dictator wants the team to know something its his responsibility to tell them. The oppressed are under no obligation to oppress each other.😳

Why do you need to write guests names on these boards/mirrors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back