Archived Well being time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use my well being time as payout time to build my hours?

Unfortunately not.

According to the Time Off Guide: "Use of Well-being Time is a substitute for scheduled work hours, not in addition to, time actually worked. [It is used when work schedules conflict with well-being efforts.] Well-being Time will not increase a team member’s pay, it is intended to keep the team member whole."

The guide lists three types of well-being efforts:

"Health well-being for personal preventive health care visits."

"Financial well-being, such as meeting with a licensed financial advisor."

"Community well-being, such as volunteer activities, unless the activity is a Target-led event for which the team member is already being paid regular wages."

Last edited:
I assume this is a state-by-state thing? I've never heard of Well-Being hours before.

Has that been around forever or just recently? (been away from Spot for a few years).

When do these hours expire? In January or when benefits get recalculated (which I can't remember when that happens)

Yup I think we lose them at the end of the fiscal year.

Asants on how you use it. At my store we just approve it if you are under average hours

Well, I'm a receiver so I get 40hrs a week so I'm not sure how I'll be able to use these. I can't really take time of since I need to be in receiving. Guess I'll need to talk to HR because I don't want to lose these hours. Maybe I'll be able to add them in to Black Friday week or something.

I used mine when I was going to come in hour or so late because of yearly blood work. I had to leave early to take family member to Dr appointments or family emergency. I take a personal day when I get my yearly checkup. I use wellness for the time I was there than personal for the remaining hrs.

I was going to use mine for a vacation this year but I ended up using them to cover part of the hours lost on a shift I called out for.

As long as you put one of the approved reasons in the comments, you should be good to use it. Even if it means you're supposedly going to the doctor on the first day of your vacation...

Asants on how you use it. At my store we just approve it if you are under average hours

Yeah, I think ASANTS too because it really depends on the ETL-HR. Officially, there are policies in the guide that we should follow. My previous ETL-HR didn't really care about going exactly by the guide so we just approved most requests if people wanted to use their hours. My most recent ETL-HR follows the guide policies to a tee so now it's the opposite.

Well, I'm a receiver so I get 40hrs a week so I'm not sure how I'll be able to use these. I can't really take time of since I need to be in receiving. Guess I'll need to talk to HR because I don't want to lose these hours. Maybe I'll be able to add them in to Black Friday week or something.

Nope, you can't add them above average hours. So even though you can work 48 hours black Friday week you can't use vacation once you have hit 40.

We have a backroom tm who gets additional hours when ours take a day off. You should do that. Don't lose your hours for nothing

At the DC they were approved with no questions asked. I went home and played video games.

Yup I think we lose them at the end of the fiscal year.

Don't vacation hours still roll over into the next fiscal year?

I just use these for when I don' want to dig into my vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back