Archived We're in serious trouble folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
The candy bowl isn't being replenished because we have too many paid and lefts! Oh no! Laughable enough that we even have a candy bowl. What's dumber yet is us getting punished by a slap on the wrist for seasonal employee mistakes. Granted, we should make sure a guest gets all of their bags, but I could give a rats a## about the candy bowl. How about coaching or individual corrective action instead? That might actually solve the problem. I can pretty much guarantee you the candy bowl trick is going to work about as well as getting a candy bar for selling a red card. lol Just my rant for the day.

Why offer real incentives if you can instead drop the expectation, treat the workers like children, and then laugh your way to the bank?

This is one of my biggest problems with this company over the last 6 months-1 year. It became really apparent that it's not just the ETLs/STLs treating employees like children when the Vibe stuff hit. All of the propaganda associated with it was written as if it were for a 12 year old audience. Now I'm pretty certain they don't hire junior high kids at corporate to write company materials so it seems pretty obvious that it was intentionally written that way.

We had a non-stop candy bowl in the breakroom after Halloween.
A real contradiction to "Wellness Wednesdays" but hey, that's spot....

when we have huge amounts of seasonal candy xmas halloween easter, v-day anything that is damaged like package comes open when we are stocking if we have an nice etl on they will say bring the empty bags to gs for chargeback and we get to eat the candy

Not only is the candy bowl always full in the break room... But someone's always walking around to each section handing a piece out to workers. Makes my day better!

At my store, the candy bowl is at the checklanes. It's supposed to be an incentive for Red Cards, but my GSAs like to just give us candy anyways.

when we have huge amounts of seasonal candy xmas halloween easter, v-day anything that is damaged like package comes open when we are stocking if we have an nice etl on they will say bring the empty bags to gs for chargeback and we get to eat the candy

One of my SrTLs has a tendency to "accidentally" rip the bags open. :D

We had a bit of a candy drought from Easter to Halloween except for a casepack that split open.

Why offer real incentives if you can instead drop the expectation, treat the workers like children, and then laugh your way to the bank?

exactly why I don't work too terribly hard to sell Redcards. a free coffee or a hot dog? seriously? I'm not six. You want me to spend time on the redcard pitch? line my pocket.

exactly why I don't work too terribly hard to sell Redcards. a free coffee or a hot dog? seriously? I'm not six. You want me to spend time on the redcard pitch? line my pocket.

Well considering your TL doesn't have the ability to institute a company wide financial incentive program for redcards, that's the best they'll be able to do. It's something, but I understand where you're coming from as well.

the managers aren't the ones making money hand-over-fist by our selling Redcards, the corporation and shareholders are. But there is no excuse for the company to not compensate us for selling these damn things.

the managers aren't the ones making money hand-over-fist by our selling Redcards, the corporation and shareholders are. But there is no excuse for the company to not compensate us for selling these damn things.

Well since they're getting everyone to do it now without financial incentive, why start now? They will take and take and take until it's no longer profitable, that's the only time they'll make a change. If for some reason guests boycotted Target for not providing financial incentive for red card apps to TMs and it effected the bottom line, they'd change it. Obviously that's not happening, but that's all they care about. Them helping TMs who care about driving red cards negatively effects the bottom line so it's out of the question.

The only steady candy bowl we have ever had is the one our receiving TM maintains from damaged product.

At my store, the candy bowl is at the checklanes. It's supposed to be an incentive for Red Cards, but my GSAs like to just give us candy anyways.

One of my SrTLs has a tendency to "accidentally" rip the bags open. :D

They won't "accidentally" rip them open anymore when one of them get fired for doing it.

When I worked at Family Dollar about 20 yrs ago we had a cashier fired for doing that.

The only steady candy bowl we have ever had is the one our receiving TM maintains from damaged product.

We used to have an associate in Market who would QMOS tomorrow's expiratikns and put them in the break rokm. That no longer happens. Guess the trash compactor needed the food more than we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back