What’s up w the break schedule?

My TL got mad cause I took my break a lil after the time I was supposed to but they called out everybody to take theirs but me so how is it my fault? I’m new only 16-17 days in yet I finished everything I need to do before my break so I don’t understand

Being that new, you may not have been on the schedule they have in hand yet. Taking breaks without making sure there is coverage for the floor (not just your area) may throw off coverage when others go on their break when scheduled if you are not on the floor when planned.

Also, always get on the walkie to announce that you are going. I guess next time, let your leader know if you are going to be late. Only front end has them scheduled at my store.

Also, always get on the walkie to announce that you are going. I guess next time, let your leader know if you are going to be late. Only front end has them scheduled at my store.
Yes I always announce, I don’t think the problem was me being new or not being in front cause the people I got hired with were called but I wasn’t. I just didn’t like how they called me out multiple times trying to embarrass me it was a simple mistake n I even went beyond to help other departments after the fact and managed to finish before our time

im having issues with this and I am NOT new. break schedule is computer generated. they had me taking my last break 20 minutes after i come back from lunch. i refused. i will take my last break at least an hour or 2 after my lunch when I actually need a break. the scheduled breaks come in handy on black friday and even then a few years back they made mistakes having tms hit their 5ths. when leaders are there when i work only some days they have the break schedule printed and who will be coving me to avoid me wasting time looking for coverage i guess. but I always end up in the same boat spending 15 minutes of my time looking for coverage anyways because im with guests and cant keep on the break schedule or the leaders are not there that day I am working so I still have to figure out who will cover me.

im having issues with this and I am NOT new. break schedule is computer generated. they had me taking my last break 20 minutes after i come back from lunch. i refused. i will take my last break at least an hour or 2 after my lunch when I actually need a break. the scheduled breaks come in handy on black friday and even then a few years back they made mistakes having tms hit their 5ths. when leaders are there when i work only some days they have the break schedule printed and who will be coving me to avoid me wasting time looking for coverage i guess. but I always end up in the same boat spending 15 minutes of my time looking for coverage anyways because im with guests and cant keep on the break schedule or the leaders are not there that day I am working so I still have to figure out who will cover me.
When you check in at the start of your shift can you ask the lead who will be covering your breaks and lunch?

Back