What are these Metrics?

So for a little bit of context: I’ve been slaving away a little more than half a year as a closing expert. For the past few months I’ve come in for daytime GM a few days out of the week where of course I push freight (usually toys or C&D block).
Recently I’ve been told that pushing freight with case packs should only take about 30 minutes? It usually takes me around an hour to completely finish one; all considering backstocking, bailing & throwing away trash, and stopping to help guests. I mean I don’t think I’m that slow lmao and I move at a pretty decent pace but recently I feel like a big deal has been made about these dumbass metrics that just feel unrealistic. How do y’all feel about it? Thoughts?

We did not have a metric on this when I was a replen sr, but 1 case/minute is about what I held my team to.

It's a very achievable goal but leadership can't just say "lol ur slow scrub" they have to show you how to attain it.

We used flats but I'm assuming you're using uboats - the key to stocking freight quickly (or really any activity) is number of steps.

One quick timesaver you can do is to open the entire top layer of cases while they're on the boat. Opening cases in your hands as you walk is harder and takes more time, plus you're picking up and putting away your cutter over and over.

Something else to easily increase your pace is taking a second boat or tub and stocking one "area at a time". For my team an area was two aisles. If the box isn't in that two aisle span, put it aside keep going. Move the boat to the next set of aisles and repeat. As you get closer to the halfway mark most of your boxes will already be opened and in a somewhat organized state so you stock faster as you go forward.

Best of luck.

That's assuming you don't have to spend 5-10 minutes rearranging the boxes because inbound mixed them up. That is also assuming you don't get stopped by guests for 10 minutes every other box.
I definitely second opening up all the boxes first - great big time saver. One thing we do at my other job is "bowling" - where we stack/slide the boxes down the aisles they go in and then go down the aisles one by one to stock.

The dumb part is that they expect repacks to take 5 minutes. Including cosmetics, which has convinced me the people setting these "standards" have clearly never had to work cosmetics before.

Target view of "all boxes are alike" is nonsensical.

A box of 2 large Nerf guns takes the same amount of time to push as 24 cans of soup? Or a box of 4 lamps that's triple wrapped?

I don't think so.
They also don't consider whether your U-Boat is six feet tall or eight.

Our the beverage pallet that is so heavy that it has to be half unloaded.

Target view of "all boxes are alike" is nonsensical.

A box of 2 large Nerf guns takes the same amount of time to push as 24 cans of soup? Or a box of 4 lamps that's triple wrapped?

I don't think so.
Generally speaking it will average out.

In my experience some areas are faster to stock than others because of this though.

Toys is usually quick vs something like Candy due to casepack size.

If I can have a homogenous uboat I can do avg a minute a box. If not, and I m walking across 32 aisles with a randomly loaded boat with 50 boxes...maybe I take all day. It gets there attention. Best practice is sometimes the best for everyone. Just train unloaders to read boxes correctly.

If I can have a homogenous uboat I can do avg a minute a box. If not, and I m walking across 32 aisles with a randomly loaded boat with 50 boxes...maybe I take all day. It gets there attention. Best practice is sometimes the best for everyone. Just train unloaders to read boxes correctly.
With so much freight still coming in. Hours getting cut. Not having better staff store even if hours are not an issue. Flats and u boats are not coming clean between deliveries. Unload team will not have the proper uboats to keep separating by aisles and sections. Every little thing affects productivity.

With so much freight still coming in. Hours getting cut. Not having better staff store even if hours are not an issue. Flats and u boats are not coming clean between deliveries. Unload team will not have the proper uboats to keep separating by aisles and sections. Every little thing affects productivity.
Seeing this yes. Because that situation usually leaves me with a teeter totter already rickety vehicle I will take 20 minutes resorting my boats before I push out. Not sure why unloaders are allowed to create such a shitshow, and dangerous vehicle for us.

So for a little bit of context: I’ve been slaving away a little more than half a year as a closing expert. For the past few months I’ve come in for daytime GM a few days out of the week where of course I push freight (usually toys or C&D block).
Recently I’ve been told that pushing freight with case packs should only take about 30 minutes? It usually takes me around an hour to completely finish one; all considering backstocking, bailing & throwing away trash, and stopping to help guests. I mean I don’t think I’m that slow lmao and I move at a pretty decent pace but recently I feel like a big deal has been made about these dumbass metrics that just feel unrealistic. How do y’all feel about it? Thoughts?
At one time I was told by a person that I interviewed for job, that corp sent in the bean counters when he was a TL at another location. I guess his store was very green and they wanted to see how long it took to unload a truck, work the freight, and do the back stock. Was told that is where they came up with their goals. Not sure how true this was. This person was not the most productive team member, but I am sure his team made up for it.

Back