Archived What are your fitting room horror stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling all sales floor/ soft lines members! what is the WORST fitting room event that has happened to you/someone you know? I’ll go first: I was taking hangers and clothes out of the fitting room when low and behold someone left their USED, DIRTY pad on the floor. I almost cried.

Gosh I have so many. For one, used pads are left quite frequently in our fitting rooms. Lovely.
A couple years ago there was a group of 5 teenagers in the family room with about 60 pairs of jeans. The FR operator was on lunch, so they were able to sneak right in. They stayed for an hour, and when they left they left behind all 60 pairs of jeans inside out all in a pile on the floor. The FR operator came back and her and I started picking up each pair of jeans folding them back properly. Then, when we finally reached the bottom there was a big pile of POOP. These scum trashy teenagers POOPED under all of it. I absolutely hate them to this day.

Don't work the fitting room but after <10 years at a clown based burger place I am going to guess pee and poop and a bit of all natural bio protein starter fluid. I've had to scrap it all of the wall at one time or another and I am guessing so has the fitting room person.

customers are well cattle and should be treated as such.

Gosh I have so many. For one, used pads are left quite frequently in our fitting rooms. Lovely.
A couple years ago there was a group of 5 teenagers in the family room with about 60 pairs of jeans. The FR operator was on lunch, so they were able to sneak right in. They stayed for an hour, and when they left they left behind all 60 pairs of jeans inside out all in a pile on the floor. The FR operator came back and her and I started picking up each pair of jeans folding them back properly. Then, when we finally reached the bottom there was a big pile of POOP. These scum trashy teenagers POOPED under all of it. I absolutely hate them to this day.
I think you win

Some guests are straight up stanky, but one day there was an absolutely foul smell that I could detect from all the way at the desk. Called for my TL and asked if they could bring us some Febreeze, as we were out. Finally after a guest complained that the fitting rooms smelled like ass, they brought us some cleaning supplies and allowed us to close all the rooms while we Febreezed the shit out of them and scrubbed the seats. It was like what I imagine rotting corpse feet soaked in wet garbage would smell like. I gagged. I still have no idea how someone managed to stink up every single room without leaving anything nasty behind.

Not all of these are gross...

Let's see, at my old store, someone removed a ceiling tile when I was on break. I think I have a photo of that still somewhere. Not sure how they got up there.

Bodily fluids in swimsuits (with or without liners) so we have to defect them out. We started keeping gloves and biohazard bags back there. One time there was crap smeared on the wall. Liners stuck to the walls constantly. Sometimes a used tampon would be found...

Getting threatened over the phone because I wouldn't transfer the guest to electronics (it was during the Wii mania from 2007-09 where we were given the number of Wiis in stock to not bother electronics with it). Had to call AP on that one.

Being constantly checked upon back in the day by TLs and ETLs because we had some FRO's that were just awful and wouldn't do anything. They'd sit at the desk and do homework or text or distract other TMs. No zone or reshop ever. Made the ones who actually worked look really bad.

Had a TM with BO issues stand in the closet for ten minutes searching for hangers but stank up the entire closet. We had to talk to HR about her. She was super nice, but the smell...

A kid vomited right next to the entrance of one side. I had to leave, because I can't stand vomit. The cart attendant, TL, and another TM (who was a mom) cleaned that up.

I always felt terrible when nursing moms came up and asked to use a FR to feed their baby. I know they're better than the bathrooms, but they're still gross. I'm glad some Targets have put in nursing stations now.

Let's not forget the endless piles of reshop that didn't get sorted, especially when swimsuits come out and all the teenagers try them on...

A mentally-disabled teenager crapped her pants so her aide held up a beach towel from the floor while her mom pulled her pants off & cleaned her up with handfuls of cart wipes.
The girl was touching herself & grabbing onto a nearby rack with poo-covered hands.
I tried desperately to get her into a fitting away from on-lookers but her mom kept going.
The mom finally wrapped her in the beach towel & walked out leaving us with a pile of bio-hazard & a rack of shirts that had to be defected out.

I had checked the rooms, but I didn't look behind the bench in the family room. A mom with young kids were the next in it, when they came out the mom said "There's a pad in there behind the bench that looks like it was peed on." I've had to deal with bodily fluids before, but that is the one time that a guest found it before I did.

Mine are:
  • Finding dirty used panties both in the ladie's and men's fitting rooms. Some of them I think were used by males.
  • A weird guy calling to see if we had gotten any new styles of panties in and how they fit. He did for weeks on end, until he was turned into AP.
  • A lady who had the Hershey squirts all the way down the fitting room hallway. I think it happened during the busy back-to-school season.

I stopped by the fitting room to use the printer and a man came up to me and asked for hand sanitizer because "something disgusting fell out of the gloves I was trying on". I couldn't find any. He gave me the gloves so no one else had to experience it & told me where on the floor the thing was located. It was a very well worn thong/bikini with hearts & teddy bears.

I worked in one store that was in close proximity to some drag clubs. We would get the guys looking for shoes and lingerie that would fit.. One year we sold bras that were filled with gel for awhile. One of the guys was so excited he came out of the fitting room with one on, no shirt just bra and jeans! He was so much fun.Not really a horror story but one of my favorite guests ever

I’ve had people tell me that a previous TM was taking the stuff the guest didn’t want when she grabbed a hanger that had poop on it. Apparently the guest liked to stick hangers up her butt. And it’s happened more than once.

Update today!:
Calling all sales floor/ soft lines members! what is the WORST fitting room event that has happened to you/someone you know? I’ll go first: I was taking hangers and clothes out of the fitting room when low and behold someone left their USED, DIRTY pad on the floor. I almost cried.
UPDATE: today I found some bikini bottoms in the fitting rooms... except these had pu$$y juice all over them.. why. Just why

We have a problem with bugs at our store, and those suckers love the fitting room. A while back we had a bunch of torn packages and untagged items piled in a cart. I started working on the pile and tossed a dress on the desk so I could get at the little tag. When I bent over the desk so that I could see the stupid microprint numbers a roach crawled out of the dress inches from my face. Gahhh.

One of our gals found gun in the fitting room. Called AP immediately and shut the fitting rooms down. Idiot came back for it right about the same time the police showed up.

Mostly just poop under piles of clothes, pee on the walls, and menstrual blood in tried on swim suits.

Although now we have the nursing room, we're finding soiled diapers on the floor fairly recently, as well.

Wow. I'm so glad I have never stepped into spots fitting room and most likely ever will after reading all of these stories.

Years ago at a now defunct retailer a loss prevention officer would climb up in the ceiling over the women’s fitting room and observe the ladies trying on clothes. No one would probably ever known if he hadn’t fell through the ceiling tiles and about scared everyone in the fitting room to death. It was all over the news.

Wow. Reading these posts with eyebrows raised to my hairline and mouth just hanging open. Ew, ew, ew. New respect for the soft lines TMs who have to deal with all manner of horrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back