Archived What Can I Expect As A Backroom Team Lead?

Would you want to be a Backroom Team Lead?

• Yes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! So, to give you a brief overview of my Target experience, here it goes:

I've been with Target for about 2 1/2 years, and it's a pretty good job. I'm a closer, and I always lead the backroom team when I'm working. I do a pretty good job at it, we're in charge of: Pulling CAF (obviously), pushing the CAF, MyFA, location checks, Ship From Store and Pack and Ship. I usually run a team of about 3 people including me (yeah, my backroom closing team is extremely small), but, we actually make it work and end the night successfully.

Our CAF's hours are 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00, and 3:00 is our biggest which run at about 9-13 hours every day and we pull it on time.

Recently, my ETL-HR called me down into her office and sat me down and asked me if I was interested in moving up with Target. They've previously asked me if I wanted to be a PA for PFresh, but I declined the offer due to me not wanting to leave my already short-staffed team in an upcoming fourth quarter.

Anyway, what i'm really trying to get at is, what would I expect my roles to be if I were to move up to a Backroom team lead? Obviously leading the team is an obvious reason, but, what are the other tasks?

Other people will give you their insights and experiences, I can give you my experience. I've been with Target 10 plus years and have worked both Dayside and Overnight shifts. The only Two workcenters I haven't worked is Plano Team and guest services. I used to be a TL of Flow and Backroom, but desided to step down for personal reasons. With that being said, some of my tasks I had to do was keep up with Location Accuracy as that is your measuring metric for what you are judged by. You are to not only Lead your team, but to help develop them as well. (They will become trainers, other potential leaders in their future) Also wearing the TL banner, you will now be a supervisor, which means you are to have some unwanted but necessary conversation with people about their attendance, job performance etc. Those are some of the things you will have to do. I wish you all the best and if you do pursue, please remember to "find balance" with your personal life. Good luck!!

Will you be taking over at your current store or transferring? It can get awkward making the transition from coworker to supervisor.

Also, be prepared to work a lot of morning/day shifts. Not sure how it works if your store has an overnight flow process.

Also, be prepared to work a lot of morning/day shifts. Not sure how it works if your store has an overnight flow process.

We're overnight and our overnight backroom team has their own TL.

My TL (backroom day/instocks) typically only works opening shifts (6-2:45 or 7-3:45). At least one day is spent in instocks (usually the RFID scan day) and another day is a food truck day. In addition to leading the team and doing administrative "leader-y" things like reviews, development, coachings and CCAs, etc., she owns all metrics for instocks, receiving, flexible fulfillment, and the backroom metrics that apply to dayside (i.e. CAF pull timeliness and a portion of BRLA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back