Archived What can I expect working at Target ? (Non seasonal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I got hired at Target last week for Cashier non Seasonal..
What can I expect during my time with Target ? Also what is the 90 day probationary period ? I assume you can get fired for any cause during those 90 days ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also my orientation is next Thursday what should I wear ?

Last edited:
Yes, they can fire you for pretty much anything during your first 90 days. Attendance and punctuality are very important, and make sure you leave and return from lunch and breaks on time. Never miss taking your lunch break before your fifth/sixth hour (your leadership will let you know which applies to your store). Always were your team colors.
Training can be spotty to poor in a lot of stores, so observe what others are doing, and ask questions if you don’t understand something. Once you make friends with some of your co-workers, they should be able to help with your training, and give you tips and ideas to make things easier for you and help you improve your speed in completing tasks.
Check with your store about what to wear to orientation.
Do your best and you should be fine. Good luck!

I just had my first day today. Worked 8 hours.

I was so lost at the beginning. But many of the people there will help you with no problem. The only thing that really got tiring was when it hit busy hours and I was upfront.

I hated the bags sticking together and being so low - I'm tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back