Archived What deals have you gotten at Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's the cumulative total of any of my grocery runs. Target starts off as cheaper than any grocery store here, and it's always a nice feeling when I buy so much junk the initial total is roughly $200 but ends up being around $130 by the time all discounts are counted...with one or two $5 gift cards on top of that.

For me it's the cumulative total of any of my grocery runs. Target starts off as cheaper than any grocery store here, and it's always a nice feeling when I buy so much junk the initial total is roughly $200 but ends up being around $130 by the time all discounts are counted...with one or two $5 gift cards on top of that.
People always seem to complain about how expensive Target is for groceries, but I really don't see it.

We don't have any national grocery chains here, and the local stores focus on service over price. Target comes out close to Walmart prices, which ends up being cheaper with Cartwheel and TM discounts. Aldi is usually cheaper of course, but their selection is limited.

I see shopping as a game, the goal being what I need for a good price.
I'll swing by all the clearance endcaps with my coupons & my cartwheel loaded for bear.
Sometimes I'll score the trifecta: cartwheel discount, coupon & giftcard to boot topped with TM discount & redcard.

Lindt chocolate balls in fall/holiday packaging. 50% off for seasonal clearance, 10% TM discount, .75 coupons from coupons.com and 25% Cartwheel. Bottom line, $4.49 down to .70 a bag!

Small thing, but Ovaltine was/is on Cartwheel for 40% off...We only had 1 on the floor the other day, so I had an on the clock TM snag the other 6 we had in the backroom for me so I could get all 7 we had on hand. 40% cartwheel, 10% TM Discount, +5% REDCard....yay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back