Sales Floor What departments are what?

lokinix

Tech After Dark
Heyo,

I am trying to better understand what GM is without bugging my TL and trainer too much. I have been doing house dec, domestics and kitchen mainly - is that all that is considered GM? Or, is it also like sporting goods and toys?

Like, I know soft lines are A&A, and specialty is Electronics, Beauty (and one other). Pfresh and food in general is well, food.

Last edited:
Heyo,

I am trying to better understand what GM is without bugging my TL and trainer too much. I have been doing house dec, domestics and kitchen mainly - is that all that is considered GM? Or, is it also like sporting goods and toys?

Like, I know soft lines are A&A, and specialty is Electronics, Beauty (and one other). Pfresh and food in general is well, food.
I think you should bug your TL and trainer, instead of training(working) off the clock. Unless you are the clock, in which case don’t?

Pfresh/food is F&B
Style (apparel), Beauty, and Tech are Specialty Sales.
The rest of the sales floor is GM.
Thanks.

Go on workbench for breakdown of depts.
I have not really used workbench, so I'll have to check that out.

I think you should bug your TL and trainer, instead of training(working) off the clock. Unless you are the clock, in which case don’t?
It was just a thought I had when I was thinking about my day. I did actually ask them before seeing anyone's messages here. Again, just a passing thought that I figured I would ask. Sorry if I did something wrong.

Thanks.

I have not really used workbench, so I'll have to check that out.

It was just a thought I had when I was thinking about my day. I did actually ask them before seeing anyone's messages here. Again, just a passing thought that I figured I would ask. Sorry if I did something wrong.
You didn't do anything wrong. People ask all kinds of work-related questions on here all the time. That's one of the main reasons I'm here. I've learned way more from this site than from anyone at my store!

Back