Archived What did your store do with the displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Curious what your store did with the room essentials and threshold displays that were replaced by p62?

Mine did the first two posts combined. Silent Auction, anything that didn't sell went to the compactor. I'm embarrassed, my store had a Futon that didn't have a single bid on it after the auction ended, and my HR lady was all "oh hey guys this futon didn't sell!" and literally no one wanted it, and I heard a TL chip in saying "oh well, I thought about bidding on it..." and it was about 2:30pm when I was on my last 15 and I decided "oh, fuck it, I'll bid $1 and get it." but the TL that said he wasn't going to did, lmao. I went into HR all like "Hey! I got my bid!" and she was all "...um, the auction ended." and I felt really stupid, she would of gave it to me if the TL hadn't already bid on it and automatically got it.

One day when we were trying to pitch out the barstools, a vendor took quite a few of them. I simply didn't care. Some team members took what they wanted. I used one old table to create a new desk for my PMT office. A few displays had to be truly be pitched though. We used the open top from the gondola project to pitch our displays.

Oh... silent auction, that's a great idea. The money could be either put into the fund for food or donated to a charity.

Silent auction. We either do a party for the team or put it towards united way or when we adopt families at Christmas.

Ours go straight into the compactor.

I was told it was "against the rules" to keep them.

Last edited:
Our fac ops / e&f maintenance guys always salvage through the sweeps dock for anything they can use in random projects in the building or for things like speakers, they have a few of the display speakers from the wireless speakers displays in the crown shop

We sold the chairs (they were the ones that weren't screwed into the wall, just zip-tied down). The rest were either reused or compacted. Our receiver told us we can't donate displays for safety issues.

I like the silent auction idea, but we don't have room to keep displays and we're not clever enough to plan ahead to know what displays will be auctionable while they're still on display.

I'm probably going to defect out what I can and follow the disposition as best as I can.

Assuming somebody hasn't already then it all on a pallet and shipped it to the DC to make it their problem.

I'm probably going to defect out what I can and follow the disposition as best as I can.

Assuming somebody hasn't already then it all on a pallet and shipped it to the DC to make it their problem.
Exactly... that crap isn't suppose to come back on a sweeps truck only plastic bags / soft plastic , milk jugs cans bottles cardboard bales salvage / Crc and returned freight to D.C. Pallets. Hanger bins ... anything else shopping carts hard plastic displays mixed up or not properly sorted items can actually be put on an outbound trailer and sent back to the store if we choose to in order to prove a point if it's a reoccurring issue with a particular store

Exactly... that crap isn't suppose to come back on a sweeps truck only plastic bags / soft plastic , milk jugs cans bottles cardboard bales salvage / Crc and returned freight to D.C. Pallets. Hanger bins ... anything else shopping carts hard plastic displays mixed up or not properly sorted items can actually be put on an outbound trailer and sent back to the store if we choose to in order to prove a point if it's a reoccurring issue with a particular store
Smh my ETL Log made me put the displays on the sweep truck.... had like 4 pallets of display furniture .... smh i will laugh in his face if it comes back

Smh my ETL Log made me put the displays on the sweep truck.... had like 4 pallets of display furniture .... smh i will laugh in his face if it comes back
We don't usually do it but it's actually what the paper work on our board / best practice thing in sweeps. Because we wind up having to trash it and the other junk basically same thing u do or should do, except if we allows every store to send all that crap back then we would have a major issue/ cluster Fu@$

We got this extra market table we weren't supposed to get that I volleyed with the DC 4 times until they did something with it. DTL said send to DC but apparently DC didn't get the message. You send shit trailers we'll send shit sweeps, even if they're not the same person dealing with each

All displays are to be defected out at Guest Service. They will go Salvage, CRC, or toss. This changed a few months ago. You can find out more info about it on Workbench. Search Display Process. We had 5 pallets of furniture displays that went salvage.

At my store it's first come, first serve for anyone that wants something...and it's a donation to United Way. Just slap your name on it and pay the LOD. Stuff that isn't claimed, into the compactor it goes.

At my store it's first come, first serve for anyone that wants something...and it's a donation to United Way. Just slap your name on it and pay the LOD. Stuff that isn't claimed, into the compactor it goes.

Cool with me, Lots of the Lego and other displays we have to hide and steal, unwritten rules you claim it and hide it. Most other things all in the compactor..

Curious what your store did with the room essentials and threshold displays that were replaced by p62?
Sold them on clearance because people kept wanting them. Except the futon, it was donated to a TM would lost all their furniture

Last edited:
One of the barstools made for a very nice seat for the fixture room computer.

We have an open-top dumpster atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back