What do I do about this coworker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This coworker is starting to mess with me more, he goofs off and asks a lot and laughs a lot. He asked me if we’re allowed to go to the bathroom whenever we have to. I said, yeah, when you gotta go you gotta go.

He admitted to throwing away the repack boxes (BIG NO NO). He would be fired already in a stricter company.

He has started to physically prevent me from working (throwing his boxes onto my cart to cut them, when I’m about to go work the products) and really crossing boundaries. Asking too much too personal, he even pulled out his phone and video recorded me, saying it’s on Snapchat. I said delete it but I know he lied when he said he did, and said he’s “just messing with me”.

I’d report him but I don’t know if that’s how adults are supposed to handle problems on the workplace, this is a high school bs problem, but not in high school. Adults are supposed to deal with their own problems right? But I don’t want to get fired and/or arrested. I want nothing more than to pick up the weights from the shelf and bash his head, but then I’m the criminal, and he becomes the victim.

If I report him he’ll be like I’m a snitch and who knows how he’ll react, adults don’t rattle take, which is what that is, right? But he’s interfering with me working my job.

I don’t know how to deal with this shit.

Rules in reality are the same as online dont feed the trolls. Stonewall the person no talk no eye contact do your job ignore the moron. I would definitely bring up the snapchat with hr thats a violation of a personal nature. I had a co worker take a picture of me before i clocked in and I was reading an upsetting text message from a friend and she posted it on snap with the header this bitch dont wanna be here either. I was furious. She got coached and later let go because she rarely showed up for work. I wouldnt tattle about everything really management knows i guarantee they are waiting to see them step over the line to far I am sure. Realistically we ALL have co workers who make our job harder than need be just gotta come in do what you can and leave and enjoy the days they arent there lol. It happens in all jobs.

The video/snapchat thing could constitute a violation of the confidentiality agreement, not sure. You can report it to your ETL or call the hotline if you're not comfortable with talking to your ETL directly. You could also do a passive-aggressive "report" and ask your ETL if things like throwing away the repack boxes or posting video of TMs on snapchat is "ok".

Otherwise, people are assholes and there's only so much you can do. Sometimes you just need to grit your teeth and keep doing your thing. If they're seasonal they'll probably be gone soon, anyway.

It's probably hella difficult to get blood out of the rubbery coating on the hand weights.

I hope you're banned it's no wonder your life has been pathetic.

You are an internet warrior talk shit behind your keyboard then act like a pissy in real life.

I'm counting the days until your store terms you.

*The mods edited my screenshot (understandable) but pretty much the OP said black men are always bullying him and he hates n***ers. Also assumed he's on drugs because apparently that's all black people do.

Last edited:

You are an internet warrior talk shit behind your keyboard then act like a pissy in real life.

*The mods edited my screenshot (understandable) but pretty much the OP said black men are always bullying him and he hates n***ers. Also assumed he's on drugs because apparently that's all black people do.

Its clear the op has no skills ij controlling their temper nor how to act like an adult when it comes to situations that make those tempers flare. I bet they get termed and rightly so. Sad given how much help has been thrown their way here but you cant change mindsets like that if they refuse to step up.

Everyone chill.
There was a previous thread where the OP broke a number of The Break Rooms rules on the descriptions of other human beings.
It was deleted and the OP knows the error of his ways
I hope no further mistakes will be made.
There are very few things in this world I can say I hate but racism is one of them.

I said he was probably on drugs because he KEPT LAUGHING. And you have no right to post a screenshot of a removed post, stop trying to turn others against me.

And also, you can’t fire me! I know how bad you want to, but you can’t do anything, you don’t even know who I am! I’m still making money, and you can’t put a stop to that!
Can you tell me this? What life rewards will I receive (and when?) by focusing completely on work? Working with no life outside of work isn’t much better than unemployed and no life.

I have nowhere else to socialize, and I know work is a bad place for it. Certainly no place to get a partner or even just get laid.

Last edited:

I said I think he’s on drugs BECAUSE HE CONSTANTLY LAUGHS, this applies to people of all races.

There’s plenty black workers who I think are sober and decent people, some have attitude problems, but I don’t think they’re on drugs.

That person could be your tl. Your assignment is breaking down boxes & putting in the baler. You are on cca for chatting & not getting work done.
There is a life outside of spot.
Suicide hotline:
1-800-273-8255

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back