Archived What do I do if the ETL-HR wants to pay me under the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say we're getting a visitor soon, but instead of using payroll, I was offered 300$ to just zone for 10 hours off the clock

Is it a good idea to take it?

No! This is highly illegal. And if you are injured on the job, you are not covered. And you could be set up to be termed for working off the clock. Tell them you have plans that day (even if the plans are not to participate in this) and run the hell the other way. Quickly.

WTF?
I can't believe an ETL would make an offer like that.
Your store is running some shady practices if that even came up at all.
It might seem like a good idea and I can see why you might want to go for it but I wouldn't recommend it.

keep-calm-and-call-shenanigans.png

There is no way that actually happened.

If you did it - even if you didn't get injured, etc - they could withhold pay & there'd be NOTHING you could do about it.
It would be your word against theirs & it would be considered too outlandish to be true.
Video could be erased or disabled but, even if there were evidence, you'd get termed for working off-clock because the ETL would deny it.

Wow that'd be difficult to turn down honestly.. but maybe its a test? Idk.. You're not currently a TL or possibly becoming one are you? If you currently are it could be their way of getting cutting down to meet the new requirements or something but idk how that'd be fair way to do it..

thanks for the imput guys, btw this wasn't for me, just someone i know in a similar situation at target

though 300 bucks in one day would be pretty boss

Its one thing for a side gig, which I have done many times but at your real place of employment - uh no.

I just remembered that at one of my jobs, the manager told me to clock out when I hit 40 hours, and he'd pay me cash the rest of the night. Of course it wasn't time and a half.

dont have him do it its a set up of some sorts plus if you were working on the clock for 10 hour even in jeans and people see u with carts or something full of merch u will get stopped whos to say someone might come and ask you to jump on a register, cover shits in electronics or fa i would not do it. i would hotline it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back