Archived What do I do with items with no upcoming POGs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
As I’ve been LOCUing our aisles, I’ve found lots of items that are randomly back stocked, some discontinued and some not, that have absolutely no upcoming POGs and haven’t been pulled/sold for hundreds of days.

Do I just leave them there? I thought I’d heard something about mySupporting the items?

Can anyone walk me through this process if it’s needed?

Thanks.

I would love to know also! Recently I've been coming across items with no salesfloor location and MyWork says the pog was set back in March. I've been backstocking these items but I really don't want them sitting for weeks or months in the back.

I’m aware that I can flex them but some of the aisles are just full and we don’t really have a lot of open space to flex things. I thought there was something you could don on mySupport?

Wondering the same. Spoke to my receiver about sweeping it back but she says we can only do it when we have a full case pack.

Is there any easy way to create batches from the backroom detail report or how would we pull from that report?

Couple things you can do or keep in mind:

- if they are old planners that are out of date, pull them and defect them out or they'll sit there for an eternity. Had this happen last year, lol.
- BTC items are starting to trickle in inside repacks and do not have pogs yet because set date is more than 3 weeks out. These shouldn't have any sold dates yet though, but something be mindful of.
- If the items are not discontinued, and haven't been sold in more than a year, fastest way to clear the backroom of them will be to pull them and ticket them as repackage. That way you can put them on a clearance endcap. Alternately, you could just defect them out. Depends on how well repackaged items sell at your store.

BTC items are starting to trickle in inside repacks and do not have pogs yet because set date is more than 3 weeks out
Why why 3 weeks out that’s 21 days = about 30 more trucks. This is bullshit to get stuff this soon that will not set for more than 30 trucks later.

Found a slew of product that was backstocked in August last year and hadn't been sold in 100+ days, I gave it a chance and flexed to an end cap, gave it 1 week with no sale and defected out. Now the proper thing to do is create a revlog batch and try to send back to your DC and if that doesnt work salvage. In essence this is a loss in $ amount but honestly a few hundred dollars in merch is worth less than the 10 feet of light duty space it may be taking up in your stockroom for merch that is currently on planogram.

Why why 3 weeks out that’s 21 days = about 30 more trucks. This is bullshit to get stuff this soon that will not set for more than 30 trucks later.
It all depends on how impacted your store is by BTS. I’m in an old “Super Freaky” store because we have several colleges nearby plus a large and constantly growing school district. We need the freight that’s gonna be coming/already is, because we will sell a ton of it. While upper management is all about low and tight and empty backroom right now, we’ll be grateful come late July-August of having this excess.

Couple things you can do or keep in mind:

- if they are old planners that are out of date, pull them and defect them out or they'll sit there for an eternity. Had this happen last year, lol.
- BTC items are starting to trickle in inside repacks and do not have pogs yet because set date is more than 3 weeks out. These shouldn't have any sold dates yet though, but something be mindful of.
- If the items are not discontinued, and haven't been sold in more than a year, fastest way to clear the backroom of them will be to pull them and ticket them as repackage. That way you can put them on a clearance endcap. Alternately, you could just defect them out. Depends on how well repackaged items sell at your store.
Did you guys have the Casper Product? The product that was a mattress and pillows that help you sleep better? It came in light blue/ dark blue packaging and was in stores like 2-3 years ago? Well we still have it in the backroom. I'm not certain it's backstocked anymore and it's certainly NOP or doesn't have an upcoming SPL/POG. The former TL of the area was supposed to take care of it to make it go away. Well it's taking up precious backroom real estate. But not my department or area so oh well!
I agree to "As Is" items or defect it out as long as you do all do all the steps @SigningLady listed. The company has always sent items super early and you need to backstock it so it at least it will have a location. Most times people will jump the gun and defect it out or "As Is" it all because it's not in the system.

Did you guys have the Casper Product? The product that was a mattress and pillows that help you sleep better? It came in light blue/ dark blue packaging and was in stores like 2-3 years ago? Well we still have it in the backroom. I'm not certain it's backstocked anymore and it's certainly NOP or doesn't have an upcoming SPL/POG. The former TL of the area was supposed to take care of it to make it go away. Well it's taking up precious backroom real estate. But not my department or area so oh well!
I agree to "As Is" items or defect it out as long as you do all do all the steps @SigningLady listed. The company has always sent items super early and you need to backstock it so it at least it will have a location. Most times people will jump the gun and defect it out or "As Is" it all because it's not in the system.
Interesting. My store still has a POG for Casper. It has its own aisle.

Backstock them or flex them out. It could be that you got the product super early. Pogs only show on mywork 2 weeks before they set.

Backstock them or flex them out. It could be that you got the product super early. Pogs only show on mywork 2 weeks before they set.
No they don’t. Many items are showing no location but it says they set at the end of July.

Scan in myHelp, it will tell you the Pog date. For example Galaxy Buds are set in OCTOBER my god...

Nope. Scanned items today and last date sold was Nov 2018. There's no upcoming sales plan or Inline POG.

Weird. Ours have been set since Target launched Casper in stores a few years ago. Haven't come down at all since.

Weird. Ours have been set since Target launched Casper in stores a few years ago. Haven't come down at all since.
They forgot we had a permanent end cap and issued another sales plan for the same spot on the map. My spls for home, I get like 2 or 3 extra than I am supposed to Haha. I like having more merch so I never tell them to delete them from my store

They forgot we had a permanent end cap and issued another sales plan for the same spot on the map. My spls for home, I get like 2 or 3 extra than I am supposed to Haha. I like having more merch so I never tell them to delete them from my store

They forgot about ours too. But I told them to delete the salesplan they kept sending for it. We're too small of a store to make room either on the floor or in back to hold extra stuff. And I couldn't trust anyone else would know not to take Casper down.

No this July

Where does it tell you this? What day of July? Curious minds need to know! Lol

The only thing I can think of that would tell anything that far out is a street dated item. I know we have some Transformers toys that are street dated for several months from now despite being on the currently tied pog.

Where does it tell you this? What day of July? Curious minds need to know! Lol

The only thing I can think of that would tell anything that far out is a street dated item. I know we have some Transformers toys that are street dated for several months from now despite being on the currently tied pog.
We need screenshots. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back