Archived What does a PA do in pfresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working for Target on the 4th of this month. Prior to Target I worked for Walmart and I was the meat department manager. Because I have the background they trained me in market last week and on Wed. one of the ETL's offered to train me to become a PA in pfresh. We mainly talked about the hours, not what the job really entails. He said he needs someone to be very detailed, which I am and it seems everything will be moving forward in the next few weeks.

So to those that are PA's already in a pfresh marker, what can I expect?

Thanks for you time,

Begone001

Do you have a link to this thread? I'm doing a lot at once at the moment.

Thanks.

I started working for Target on the 4th of this month. Prior to Target I worked for Walmart and I was the meat department manager. Because I have the background they trained me in market last week and on Wed. one of the ETL's offered to train me to become a PA in pfresh. We mainly talked about the hours, not what the job really entails. He said he needs someone to be very detailed, which I am and it seems everything will be moving forward in the next few weeks.

So to those that are PA's already in a pfresh marker, what can I expect?

Thanks for you time,

Begone001

You will feel as though you are running a Grocery store alone most of the time. If you think quick, and are extremely detailed and an extremely good multi-tasker and can handle more stress than a human probably should for what they get paid you would make a great PA.

-PA's do the Fresh Produce/Random Weight meat orders for the store,
-Batch and push D-code at my store,
- literally own our inventory like its your own refrigerator,
- are the go-tos for Food Safety in my store.
-Run Ad-Set once a month, as well as end cap Audit
-Clean and cull PFresh, and tend to maintenance matters
-Food Vendor Wrangling
-Set ALL Sales Planners for Dry, Freezer, and Coolers

Now that I am typing all this I am wondering how the hell I do it.

You will feel as though you are running a Grocery store alone most of the time. If you think quick, and are extremely detailed and an extremely good multi-tasker and can handle more stress than a human probably should for what they get paid you would make a great PA.

-Food Vendor Wrangling

I want to mention that all stores are not the same. For example, I don't set salesplanners. Some stores have you do the backstock, others (like mine) will have the backroom do it.

Also I want to add pushing the truck (store dependent), couponing meat, and marking down product (TPC) to the list

-Food Vendor Wrangling

So it will be what I did at Walmart but on a much smaller scale.

I suggest you read the Market thread

Now that things have slowed down I'm reading this thread and simply laughing. Some folks have even posted pictures of what they think is a horror which has only caused me to laugh even more. Those that are complaining about Turkeys make me laugh even more. I'm not sure how they would deal with two trailers parked outside filled with pallets of Turkeys.

I know it will take some time for me to get into my own routine but this job should be a cake walk compared to what I used to do.

Good luck.

You know the PA's on here are an incredible resource. I can pretty much guarantee that your leadership will not only give you no support, but they will not be able to answer most of your questions either. Basically by coming across on here as you just did, you limited the help you're going to get.

That's fine. I understand that, but you're looking at the surface of something you don't really know much about. I was merely making an observation.

Good luck.

You know the PA's on here are an incredible resource. I can pretty much guarantee that your leadership will not only give you no support, but they will not be able to answer most of your questions either. Basically by coming across on here as you just did, you limited the help you're going to get.

This is pretty much a one time thing. I'm not going to come here daily to seek advice. As for my leadership, so far they are a pretty good group and I have no doubt they will be around to answer my questions.

This is pretty much a one time thing. I'm not going to come here daily to seek advice. As for my leadership, so far they are a pretty good group and I have no doubt they will be around to answer my questions.

If you're lucky, you'll know everything about P-Fresh by the time your leaders leave and are replaced by brainless twits.

Now that things have slowed down I'm reading this thread and simply laughing. Some folks have even posted pictures of what they think is a horror which has only caused me to laugh even more. Those that are complaining about Turkeys make me laugh even more. I'm not sure how they would deal with two trailers parked outside filled with pallets of Turkeys.

I know it will take some time for me to get into my own routine but this job should be a cake walk compared to what I used to do.

Your failure is imminent.

You can't survive any job, anywhere with that attitude.

How'd Wal-Mart work out for you, bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back