Archived What does target ask from previous employers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have been about 4 years at my current job and applied for target and listed the current retail job as a reference. If target chooses to hire me, what will they ask when they contact my previous employer? Do they ask for a performance review, or do they just verify my employment? Reason i am asking is because i am in the middle when it comes to overall performance according to my score. Not awful, but not the very best either. So i am basically above average. I have never had a NCNS and never been late or called out over an excessive period.

Most employers call simply to confirm that you actually worked where/when you said you did.
Same when you leave spot; any prospective employers calling spot will only get your dates of employment - nothing more, nothing less.

Usually Target makes job decisions on the spot. Maybe if you were applying for a team lead spot or more, they might call your previous employers but I think they make most decisions based on their impressions of your interview.

In my HR experience we have never called a previous employer. We may ask what your previous employer thinks of you but as long as you can answer in a calm cool collected manor you should be fine.

Some people put in their application they were involuntarily terminated and honestly there is no reason to do that. It helps us weed people out occasionally like the cashier from Wal-Mart who put "they falsely accused me of stealing" yeah no thanks hun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back