Archived What is a grocery team member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen this position available on the target career site I wonder if it is another name for a perishable assistant duties look similar.

Well i know at my store, they're taking hours away from the overnight crew and creating a new team to come in at 5am to specifically work and stock market and pfresh. Not sure if that's what that is or how many stores are doing it.

I seen this position available on the target career site I wonder if it is another name for a perishable assistant duties look similar.

From what I heard, there's not going to be any "food assistants". They're getting rid of the PA position and just having N07 market team members and the Food TL. But they're not cutting the current PA's pay.

Grocery team members tasks:

-Pull, push and backstock: autofills, cafs, research, pogs and exf in dry market and pfresh.
-Push and backstock dry market and pfresh trucks.
-Push vendor milk
-Do cleaning tasks
-Do sales planners
-Work together with plano team to do revisions and transitions on market and pfresh aisles.
-Place the order.

I might be forgetting something

Last edited:
The stores in my district are keeping their PAs, but they're being renamed food assistants. Might not be the same everywhere. My food TMs won't be regularly doing orders except in an emergency where myself or my PAs are not there. It's essentially everything food related from truck to floor to backstock. The food team will mainly work in the morning (no closers except maybe around holidays), but we will have an afternoon/early evening shift for the afternoon CAFs and such.

Grocery team member is not a PA/FA. It's just a TM and it should be paygrade N07 with the grocery operating model.

If you log on to eHR from a store computer, and go to other links > job postings, and find the position there, it will tell you the exact position and paygrade (meaning you'll be able to tell for sure if it's a PA or not).

They are getting rid of the consumables team member position.

With the grocery roll out now everyone in market will get at least an n07 and 50 cents over base. The added responsibility for the raise are what sfs fun mentioned. Backroom/instocks are no longer assisting market.

From what I heard, there's not going to be any "food assistants". They're getting rid of the PA position and just having N07 market team members and the Food TL. But they're not cutting the current PA's pay.

Grocery team members tasks:

-Pull, push and backstock: autofills, cafs, research, pogs and exf in dry market and pfresh.
-Push and backstock dry market and pfresh trucks.
-Push vendor milk
-Do cleaning tasks
-Do sales planners
-Work together with plano team to do revisions and transitions on market and pfresh aisles.
-Place the order.

I might be forgetting something

Thank you, you Reminded me that Melissa was Mondays, William was Wednesdays, and Frodo was Friday's orders... Shit that was week two... sorry.... Martin is this Monday, Warren is Wednesday and Fred is Friday...

These aren't their actual names, just the names I made up to remember who is doing the order on what day.

I am still the food assistant in my store. I looked at the AE17 chart and it showed we are supposed to have one so I am not sure if it is going away or not. Could be a district by district basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back