What is the correct way to apply for a position at another store (within the same district)?

julyblues

SETL
Some quick info, I'm currently a GSA, and there is a GSTL position open at another store in the same district. My friend is a TL over there and told me about the position just in case I was interested. I am interested, but I am unsure how to proceed.

I looked it up online, and it said to log in through e-HR and search for the openings under "My job opportunities". When I do this, I continually run into Error 401 - Unauthorized. Is this something that I would need to do from inside the store, instead of at home? Is this even a necessary step? Or would it be better to contact the other stores HR, my stores HR, etc.? I have already expressed interest in moving out of my current role and into another position within the store, and I know that they are currently accepting applications at my store for a GSA, so I don't feel like I would be leaving anybody out to dry if I would be accepted for the position. I'm just wondering what the best way to proceed is, thanks for your input!

Some quick info, I'm currently a GSA, and there is a GSTL position open at another store in the same district. My friend is a TL over there and told me about the position just in case I was interested. I am interested, but I am unsure how to proceed.

I looked it up online, and it said to log in through e-HR and search for the openings under "My job opportunities". When I do this, I continually run into Error 401 - Unauthorized. Is this something that I would need to do from inside the store, instead of at home? Is this even a necessary step? Or would it be better to contact the other stores HR, my stores HR, etc.? I have already expressed interest in moving out of my current role and into another position within the store, and I know that they are currently accepting applications at my store for a GSA, so I don't feel like I would be leaving anybody out to dry if I would be accepted for the position. I'm just wondering what the best way to proceed is, thanks for your input!
Talk to your stl and etl-hr .