Archived what is the fastest way to do rigs on the zebra

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rigs take way too long when you have 175 to do early morning. I mean logically if we had more team members doing certain departments to get through them faster then they would be done by the 3hrs they need them done in. Anyone have any tips how to finish fast or get them done in 2hrs or 3 before they need them to be completed. I mean its super time consuming to do one department with 15 items to find and do the counts.

You want be able to do a RIG/30 seconds, so 175 should be around an hour and a half. You don't have to count everything, scan the UPC and if it looks right according to the OH and backroom quantity, just key it in instead of counting. A lot of the time RIGs are taking you to items that are on ad or aren't selling well but the numbers are correct. So, you'll either have a RIG that the OHs are correct, or way off, which is easy to recognize and just key in instead of counting. If you're scanning something relatively cheap or the item has a lot of OHs, it doesn't matter if the counts are off by a little bit so just guesstimate, but you need to be more careful on bulky items that have low OHs or expensive stuff.

wait can you explain what u mean like im just hard lines but i keep getting scheduled for rigs now 2 of the days from the week out of all the days I work. so you mean look up how much is on the floor on the zebra and then put in that number or i walk to the item and if i see what it says and it looks right i just use that number

wait can you explain what u mean like im just hard lines but i keep getting scheduled for rigs now 2 of the days from the week out of all the days I work. so you mean look up how much is on the floor on the zebra and then put in that number or i walk to the item and if i see what it says and it looks right i just use that number
Yeah, if it looks right, just accept the number. For example, you're doing toothpaste and the OH is 100, there are 60 in backroom and it looks like there are 40 on the floor, just enter 40 and move on to the next one.

Oh no way I would never do that LOL that’s the last thing I would do...if I can’t count how much of something I just estimate it but no ty lol I always count the shelf!

Oh no way I would never do that LOL that’s the last thing I would do...if I can’t count how much of something I just estimate it but no ty lol I always count the shelf!

hit skip then "to many to count". might be right but who knows?

yeah no one is going to count 200+ erasers in a dump bin during back to school. oh wait I did :(

Math and Guesstimate are your two keys to get RIGS done in a timely matter.

Just do it. Keep your head down and stay on task. You'll learn where a lot of things are pretty quickly. Searching for non-existent sales planners slows me down, or things in softlines. If the sales planner isn't set, and its close to the discontinue date, break the tie. Sometimes that takes a few RIGS off your list all at once. And you won't be searching for the same stuff tomorrow.

You want be able to do a RIG/30 seconds, so 175 should be around an hour and a half. You don't have to count everything, scan the UPC and if it looks right according to the OH and backroom quantity, just key it in instead of counting. A lot of the time RIGs are taking you to items that are on ad or aren't selling well but the numbers are correct. So, you'll either have a RIG that the OHs are correct, or way off, which is easy to recognize and just key in instead of counting. If you're scanning something relatively cheap or the item has a lot of OHs, it doesn't matter if the counts are off by a little bit so just guesstimate, but you need to be more careful on bulky items that have low OHs or expensive stuff.

TL;DR Keep inventory accurate, it impacts AP, Ship From Store, and guest experience.

This is the worst way to do RIGs and kills so many work centers. Counts being off is going to impact AP when they finally get corrected. In Ship From Store they will have to spend more time doing research on items that RIGs should have handled properly in the first place, but someone wanted to get their work done fast so now the store ends up with lost sales. When RIGs is done properly it's easy to get 9% INF, when it's not INF over 20% is common and those are lost sales. RIGs also means that the guest that traveled from 30 miles away to your store because it says we had 8 online when we really only has one and just sold the last one isn't going to be pleased.

If it's not your job and it's a one off assignment you can get away with half assing it, but the best way to decrease times is if the area is zoned before you go through.

The rigs take way too long when you have 175 to do early morning. I mean logically if we had more team members doing certain departments to get through them faster then they would be done by the 3hrs they need them done in. Anyone have any tips how to finish fast or get them done in 2hrs or 3 before they need them to be completed. I mean its super time consuming to do one department with 15 items to find and do the counts.
I generally press buttons faster.

TL;DR Keep inventory accurate, it impacts AP, Ship From Store, and guest experience.

This is the worst way to do RIGs and kills so many work centers. Counts being off is going to impact AP when they finally get corrected. In Ship From Store they will have to spend more time doing research on items that RIGs should have handled properly in the first place, but someone wanted to get their work done fast so now the store ends up with lost sales. When RIGs is done properly it's easy to get 9% INF, when it's not INF over 20% is common and those are lost sales. RIGs also means that the guest that traveled from 30 miles away to your store because it says we had 8 online when we really only has one and just sold the last one isn't going to be pleased.

If it's not your job and it's a one off assignment you can get away with half assing it, but the best way to decrease times is if the area is zoned before you go through.

It's a perfectly fine way to do RIGs. Like I said, when you do a RIG, the OH for that item will either be correct or way off. With experience, you'll be able to use common sense to figure out which one it is. We do count a vast majority of items, as a most SFQs are small enough to count it quickly. But with large capacities, you can accurately guesstimate and not negatively impact anything. I can list numerous ways you can count every single item and will still end up with incorrect quantities. Having the OH of an item with a large OTL off by a small percentage isn't going to cause mass chaos. FYI, last year we had 5% INF, currently we are at 4%.

It's a perfectly fine way to do RIGs. Like I said, when you do a RIG, the OH for that item will either be correct or way off. With experience, you'll be able to use common sense to figure out which one it is. We do count a vast majority of items, as a most SFQs are small enough to count it quickly. But with large capacities, you can accurately guesstimate and not negatively impact anything. I can list numerous ways you can count every single item and will still end up with incorrect quantities. Having the OH of an item with a large OTL off by a small percentage isn't going to cause mass chaos. FYI, last year we had 5% INF, currently we are at 4%.

Last year that was the way our RIGs person was doing it, we were green in the backroom yet were 20-30% INF. This year it's a new person actually counting, and yeah experience and knowing how often a particular type of item gets replenished makes a difference. This year we're at 5-9% and much of that seems to be coming from DC online order issues that never show in RIGs. I had less involvement in the RIGs process last year.

Rigs are moving to the Audit app instead of My Work. Anyone know how/if this affects batches dropping (name of batch, type, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back