What is the team member pay cap?

I've tried searching - all the Google results are just about the starting pay raise they announced, and I found a few articles here and on reddit, but they were all older posts and didn't give an actual number cap, just that getting high review scores would still allow for raises. Thanks

It was mid-high $20s last time I talked to my ETL-HR about it. Maybe somewhere around $28 now with the base pay bumps my market has seen.

Is the $28 for TMs in a store that ARE NOT a TL?

If so that would be the first people that Target would lay of or reduce hours if they can save a few bucks.

It was mid-high $20s last time I talked to my ETL-HR about it. Maybe somewhere around $28 now with the base pay bumps my market has seen.
Is this lead or team member? Are you saying a team member who starts at $15 stuck around long enough could end up at $28. Is that company wide or just places like New York?

As a team member who started at $6.85/hr, I have reached a salary cap several times. They do raise it occasionally. And yes, our higher paid tm's are often the first looked at when hours are being cut, but it is not the norm at our store to do so because of the value being provided by that tm's pay with regard to meeting metrics.

It's likely a variance based on cost of living. I would imagine that the cap for TM is around the starting rate for TL (range $15-$19 standard). The same applies for TL to ETL etcetera etcetera etcetera.

I did just give a team member a review where they were making just under TL starting rate and I wasn't told if this was the last raise we were giving them. Some team members aren't leadership equip and that shouldn't exclude them from getting paid well; especially if they are reliable, dependable and hardworking.

As a team member who started at $6.85/hr, I have reached a salary cap several times. They do raise it occasionally. And yes, our higher paid tm's are often the first looked at when hours are being cut, but it is not the norm at our store to do so because of the value being provided by that tm's pay with regard to meeting metrics.
This is strange to me. Payroll is payroll, all hours are equal. Cutting people who make $20/hr. doesn't mean you save more hours than if you cut people making $15/hr.

I'm pretty sure the cap for TM is $5 over base pay. NO one makes $20 as TM even if your high minimum wage state and you don't get a raise in your annual review either so it's a waste of your time

Is this lead or team member? Are you saying a team member who starts at $15 stuck around long enough could end up at $28. Is that company wide or just places like New York?
Team member cap. A handful of my TL peers are well above $30.

Yeah the cap for TM is usually quite higher than starting pay, and it does scale by market. Ex. If the starting is $20 somewhere the cap there will be higher than at a location that starts at $15.

My co-worker makes $24. She has been there 12 years and had a Perishabke assistant job which went away. My TL did her evaluation and that’s When she learned that the TM was making way more than her.

Back