Archived What is this ad hoc thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, now that I do my CAFS in the Zebra, I was wondering what"s the difference between a "fillgroup" and a "Ad hoc". I was told by a backroom TM that no one knows and since it isn't assigned to anyone, that it was to be ignored for the time being. I did a couple of them (for dry goods) and they did indeed go out. So who is responsible for pulling/pushing this?

Adhoc are things to small to be dropped into a fillgroup. They are things we've sold through that are below the presentation minimum, but it's not enough to put into a fillgroup or it's already on the manifest for the truck you're about to get. In theory they are things you can add if you have time. Maybe you have someone that you want a to give a fast task, that's an adhoc.

So, ignore them during a pull.

Cool.

Adhoc are things to small to be dropped into a fillgroup. They are things we've sold through that are below the presentation minimum, but it's not enough to put into a fillgroup or it's already on the manifest for the truck you're about to get. In theory they are things you can add if you have time. Maybe you have someone that you want a to give a fast task, that's an adhoc.
This^^^ usually small batches that have 1 to 5 dpcis.

Don't fully ignore them @Kartman. If you're pulling diapers and a small BB01 is in the gun pull it to clear it because the person pushing will be in the same 2 aisles of the store. If someone is filling a toys salesplanner then they can add the adhoc. I think COSM is the only one that has been more than 4 items.

Think of it from the perspective of owning an area. Hardlines TM is going on their break and TSC is next to the backroom. Have them pull the couple items and push them before starting that cart of reshop that's on the opposite end of the store.

From my perspective if the zone is good, then adhoc should be done before anyone ever considers doing flex. Some leaders just want to make sure holes are filled on busy days

Last edited:
I'm part of the grocery team, and when I pulled the grocery batches when they switched over the first time, I looked at that for a split second, then just decided to pull them with the fillgroup batches. My thinking: What's an additional item or two added on?

Those are the OOS batches or out of stock. They are automatically dropped into the gun when the following rules are met:

1.) sales floor count is zero
2.) the item has a back room location
3.) outside typical CAF times for that fill group

These batches are designed to fill based on a visual out of stock and the your CAFs are to help fill the shelves. The idea is to always have your floor spear to be full even outside typical fill times. Your OOS should be consistently pulled throughout the day but my store is pulling them alongside the corresponding CAFs which in my opinion defeats the purpose.

Never understood the use of OOS and scanning the floor outs....seems like one makes up for the other at least in store and if counts and capacities are correctly, should be refilled when needed.

Does adhoc stands for something?

ad hoc
ˌad ˈhäk/
adjective & adverb
  1. formed, arranged, or done for a particular purpose only.
    "an ad hoc committee"
That's the real world.
What kind of jargon Spot has turned it into, who knows.

My only assumption is that this is some sort of default category that they didn't change for release.

just seems silly to have out of stock batches AND ad hoc batches AND fillgroup batches ...and even sometimes during cafs you get two batches of the same fillgroup and their eaches are barely over 100 each which is laughably stupid...ugh..also the damn zebra fucks up too much when I'm pulling and has been causing a ton of errors which my log etl hates but we have no control over for now. KJDflksjfkljadslkfjaslkdj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back