What is your CPH goal?

CA was 185/hr when I started about ten years ago. Moved up to 200/hr at some point.

Freight used to be more dense when picking two batch dates and it wasn't hard to make production. At some point it increased to 200/hr and picking clean. Which can be difficult when picking only one batch date once you account for spills, messed up locations, battery changes, etc.

185 per hour, but they're generally happy with 175 or more. Some people don't even hit 175, rather baffling honestly.

Last edited:
targets genius management strat is always make number, continue increasing number rapidly until it's completely impossible. it never fails.

like they live in lala land "if we just increase the number without making the job any easier, in fact we'll slow then down with 50 new safety regulations, they'll have to do it".

noone does it.

"now what?"

they cant fire everybody, literally.

i dont know, i dream of some kind of world where "100%" is actually reasonable to attain. imagine that. granted, it may be in some depts i'm not experienced with.

Last edited:
Outbound noncon is a lot harder than carton air. Noncon includes team lift so is much heavier and if you are sorting properly you get much fewer multiples per store/location and have to walk much of the freight all the way into the trailer. Not that I think either goal is easily achieved without giving up safety, quality or teamwork.
It is inbound prod that makes little sense. It is between 150 and 300 cartons per hour and changes month to month with no change in the freight that I can see.

My issue is how is Outbound non con sort cph so low at 65 (I found that so much easier) than a 200 Cph in cart air. For those not familiar outbound is basically dropping a few carts off at each location and cart air is picking up cartons and throwing them in a cart. Some of that shit is heavy, at least to me… like how fast do they want us to be in the food aisle full of 12 pack gatorades and 20 can of chicken noodle soup in each pull. My cph fluctuates depending on where I am but they expect the same numbers no matter what. Our order pickers are topped out at 5mph now from 7mph but somehow prod has gone up and our warehouse is big nevermind unhooking a harness and trying to take a bathroom break
Noncon is way slower on average. Also a lot more room for error.
The good news is soon you wont have to worry about gatorade anymore. Pretty much all gatorade is going to not flow through the DC anymore.

Noncon is way slower on average. Also a lot more room for error.
The good news is soon you wont have to worry about gatorade anymore. Pretty much all gatorade is going to not flow through the DC anymore.
Tell me more!

Tell me more!
A lot of the high volume beverages are going to be phased out by the end of the year. I dont know much of the specifics, assumedly they will be delivered directly to stores by a vendor like how Pepsi and Coke already are.
I know it said gatorade and propel water. Maybe La Croix was a part of it too??

A lot of the high volume beverages are going to be phased out by the end of the year. I dont know much of the specifics, assumedly they will be delivered directly to stores by a vendor like how Pepsi and Coke already are.
I know it said gatorade and propel water. Maybe La Croix was a part of it too??
Gatorade is a vendor product that just happens to be handled by stores. It's owned by Pepsi so their vendors will likely handle it. That's how it's been at most Walmart stores for a while

Gatorade is a vendor product that just happens to be handled by stores. It's owned by Pepsi so their vendors will likely handle it. That's how it's been at most Walmart stores for a while
That makes sense. I wonder if that also means Pepsi will stock it themselves too then.

That makes sense. I wonder if that also means Pepsi will stock it themselves too then.
Probably. I know most Walmart stores it fully falls under the vendor umbrella so they stock it

They told us 2 years ago atleast that they were going to take over Gatorade. Then again earlier this year. Hopefully it happens soon.

My god. All it does is clog the mezz because it’s too heavy for the conveyor when they all come at once. That’s IF it even makes it that far, I won’t miss chasing rogue gallons of ozarka
som told me changing ozarka to non con costs the building money… helooooo tons of broken bottles of water doesn’t cost the building money? they did actually change it to non con for a bit.. then some brilliant bastard had the bright idea to make the ozarka water… NON CON FLOW. Now we are back to where we started🤬

Yea it is harder in a sense but there is so much more driving around (In slower equipment) and nevermind wanting to take a bathroom break or anything longer than 5 minutes in warehouse. The frieght can suck in cart air just like it does in Outbound non con. I despise the aisles with extra smalls because you have to move your picker every 2 seconds. Then you get bitched at like your numbers will be the same as Jerry in the food aisle with 40 count pulls in every other location smh
scan gaps.. watch your scan gaps you should be ok

Thank you baby Jesus! I get tired of pulling 80 cartons of the bulk packs of Gatorade AND lacroix. I’m ready to clock out for the day after that lol. What’s better is when they want us to pull pretty much the whole pallet and leave less than 10 on pallet for the next person. Like just get use the reach truck for fucks sake and have depal throw it. Why have 2 different employees basically manually move a pallet full of Gatorade twice. It would be faster too

If I ever get labels in CA for an almost full pallet of something super heavy like Gatorade or water, I will always find someone on a reach and have them drop it. I'll just give them the labels and take off the extra 1 or 2 and throw it in an amnesty bin. I am not wasting time and wrecking my body to put an almost entire pallet into a cart.

If I ever get labels in CA for an almost full pallet of something super heavy like Gatorade or water, I will always find someone on a reach and have them drop it. I'll just give them the labels and take off the extra 1 or 2 and throw it in an amnesty bin. I am not wasting time and wrecking my body to put an almost entire pallet into a cart.
letdowns are illegal where i work… big trouble if you get caught doing that

lol. With team members like you, no wonder a lot of DCs are a mess. Now you have an empty location that still shows product. Which more labels will eventually drop for. At the very least, take the remaining few cartons and MNP them into an extra small location.

What other things do you half ass and leave for someone else to fix?

Username is accurate.

I'll admit, it was dumb on Target's part when they took away most people's privileges that allowed location adjustments and reinstates.

Last edited:
lol. With team members like you, no wonder a lot of DCs are a mess. Now you have an empty location that still shows product. Which more labels will eventually drop for. At the very least, take the remaining few cartons and MNP them into an extra small location.

What other things do you half ass and leave for someone else to fix?

Username is accurate.

I'll admit, it was dumb on Target's part when they took away most people's privileges that allowed location adjustments and reinstates.
Lol join the IM team! You will get all your superpowers back!

Back