Archived What position is better to apply for?

What position do you like better

• Logistics team member

• Back room team member

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Target by my house is hiring but only for a few positions. I tried applying last summer but I got denied ( I think because of that personality test lol) so I'm trying again.
The two positions available are Logistics team member and back room team member. Both descriptions sound Kind of the same but I think I want to apply for logistics.

In a logistics position will I be out on the floor stocking stuff and helping customers? I think I'd prefer that vs being stuck in the back room.

Or, what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Backroom team members get more hours than flow team members.

Okay cool. I actually want part time so that tid bit of info def helps make my decision easier

I'd prefer backroom. Flow does stock stuff but doesn't always help guests due to hours before opening. A lot of our flow work 4am to 8am. You will never feel stuck in the backroom....you might even find other tm's escaping for a few minutes into the backroom. Haha

Depends on the store flow at an overnight store is a money job. No guest, (pretty much) wear what you want, headphones and good hours.

For a 4am or 6am store I would probably prefer backroom

Depends on the store flow at an overnight store is a money job. No guest, (pretty much) wear what you want, headphones and good hours.

For a 4am or 6am store I would probably prefer backroom
This. I work overnight flow and I like it wayyyy better than the backroom. I do shifts in the backroom periodically too because of call-ins. The backroom gets repetitive and I feel "stuck" back there.

Are both positions early morning or all night positions? Thanks

Are both positions early morning or all night positions? Thanks
It's depend on your store sales. I start work overnight long time ago when store was open until after 9/11 we changed to 4am and recently we moved to 6am due to poor sale.

Flow is probably easier, but backroom is better imo. They're both pretty mindless, and that's what makes them great.

Both make the day go by relatively quickly but flow offers a more set schedule if that's important. BR might give more hours if your store is low volume. I agree though, take either one and cross-train, if you end up liking the other more they might let you switch after a few months.

In the long run it might not matter what you apply for... You could apply for flow but they might like you for backroom, or someone was just hired for flow so they just use you for backroom... I applied for flow and was hired for instocks. It all depends on what the need is for the store, not yours.

We've had people at my store who applied for and were hired on Flow, but they were such good workers that we snagged them up for BR because we needed good people. But if you apply for both whoever interviews you might ask if you have a preference, that is what they did at my store for me.

We've had people at my store who applied for and were hired on Flow, but they were such good workers that we snagged them up for BR because we needed good people. But if you apply for both whoever interviews you might ask if you have a preference, that is what they did at my store for me.

That's how it is at my store. Our best flow tms get poached to the backroom. Very few people are hired overnight backroom they are former flow tms who were deemed reliable enough to work in the backroom

Apply for flow, it's easier to get hired. Show interest in cross training for backroom and you'll get all the hours. But seriously, working in the backroom, you get literally get paid to shoot laser guns at things. Lol

I'd pick Backroom over Flow, Flow payrate isn't anywhere close to what I'd want to make me wake up at 3am to get ready for work.
If my store was overnight then it'd be worth it with time and a half.

Last edited:
I'd pick Backroom over Flow, Flow payrate isn't anywhere close to what I'd want to make me wake up at 3am to get ready for work.
If my store was overnight then it'd be worth it with time and a half.

Overnight flow doesn't get time and a half. They get one dollar extra per hour.

I would do flow for 6am maybe. Agree 4 am is a no go.

Oh

Yeah I'd just never apply for Flow, ever.

Our ON Flow team gets a $3 shift differential. That's a big reason I want to say overnight...

Lol our cleaners never take off. Only on Christmas and Thanksgiving and Easter

Also apply for flow. If youre good you'll be moved to backroom usually. Backroom has a lot of overwhelming information to remember at onces and it could appear you're a shit worker I'd you can't pick it up fast

None fuck Target I would take Backroom any day and considering Flow is getting done away with in the next couple of weeks, is a more solid choice.
Not all stores are at that level of rollout... my brtm often have 4hr shifts vs 6hr for flow. None of my brtm get 40hrs these days. Even my steel captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back