Archived What shoes do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies, what shoes do you wear? I currently have a pair of new balance running sneakers and merrel trail glove sneakers. Neither are cutting it. My feet are killing and I have blisters on my toes.

The only time I ever had a blister it was from ill-fitting shoes. It doesn't matter what shoe you're wearing if it doesn't fit properly.

Wearing two pairs of socks never hurts, either.

At this moment, I identify as a "lady."

The only time I ever had a blister it was from ill-fitting shoes. It doesn't matter what shoe you're wearing if it doesn't fit properly.

Wearing two pairs of socks never hurts, either.

At this moment, I identify as a "lady."
Yeah, I have slightly wide feet and it’s hard to find ones that don’t rub my pinky toes lol. Just looking for what people like to maybe try something new. It’s weird because I’ve had both these pairs for a while and hiked in them and what not with no problem.

Yeah, I have slightly wide feet and it’s hard to find ones that don’t rub my pinky toes lol. Just looking for what people like to maybe try something new. It’s weird because I’ve had both these pairs for a while and hiked in them and what not with no problem.
Vans for me

New Balance and Payless sneakers. The key for me has been putting Dr. Scholls Gel Insoles.
I've wanted to try those custom Dr. Scholls insoles, but they're expensive. I think they're around $60 or something.

I've wanted to try those custom Dr. Scholls insoles, but they're expensive. I think they're around $60 or something.
My daughter loved them, except for the cost. She developed plantar fasciitis from working at Sonic and the insoles did an amazing job of adjusting her posture to relieve the PF pain. She doesn't use them anymore because her foot issues have become more specific than over the counter insoles can address.

They have a "food road map" machine (I had to go to the blue place to try it out) which will tell you the correct insole to buy and gave me a $10 coupon by email. I don't know if it still does the coupon, it's been a while.

New Balance or high top Vans. Always with insoles.

DTL doesn't like leaders wearing anything sneaker-like. Expects loafers or flats. Forreals, bruh? I'm not killing my feet by walking a minimum of 25 miles/wk in unsupportive shoes.

I wear a Propet wide suede mary jane but my shoes are dying and the model is discontinued so I am in a bad way. Bunion on my right foot and nothing besides Croc flip flops/open toes are comfy for more than 2 or 3 hours. :(

I wear a Propet wide suede mary jane but my shoes are dying and the model is discontinued so I am in a bad way. Bunion on my right foot and nothing besides Croc flip flops/open toes are comfy for more than 2 or 3 hours. :(
Try the Busy Days that I linked above. They have a soft fabric upper.

Lems Boulder Boots to keep my bunions happy. altra running shoes also have a wider toe box but my feet would get way too hot and uncomfortable after a few hours.

Tried walking/athletic shoes developed plantar facialitis; now a days Converse or flat sneaker with good cushion. If the shoe feels worse than being on concrete they are no good in my eyes. Also add a 3/4 high arc insole even though I have flat feet but somehow still helps.

Sketchers work shoes, light weight, tough as nails, no mark, no slip bottom on the shoes. Has decent padding but not memory foam, I need actual support in the shoe. I go through about two or three pairs a year, the shoe looks fine but the insides get thrashed. About $60 but you can find them on sale..

Currently wearing Reebok cross-trainers.
They're well-padded on the insole & wider across the toe area.

Consider going up a size. Room for an insert and depending on your age and activity level your feet may swell during the day.

New Balance with Fresh Foam and the laces undone. Worked my whole shift with my laces tucked into my shoes, and my feet barely hurt at all by the time I was done with an 8 hour shift.

Went to dsw today. Got a pair of Skechers with the memory foam. Must have tried on 20 pairs and these felt most comfortable. I looked for Danskos but they didn’t have any. I tried the crocs as suggested but they didn’t feel right for me. I went up a size in the Skechers. Not in til Sunday so I hope they help.

I want to say, but combined with my posts, it would probably out me. 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back