What states still have SuperTarget stores?

Oh its just I was told Target did away with most.
The name “Super” is supposed to officially come off as we are “one Target”.

Remodels get rid of the signage and it just says “Target” outside or just the Bullseye logo.

But the concept remains. Expanded grocery and larger sales floor.

No new ones have been planned since like the late 2010s.

Oh its just I was told Target did away with most.

Just as @starmaster1000 said. No SuperTarget have been built since T-2406 in 2011. While the Super branding was dropped from stores and t.com in 2019, the first batch of remodels from 2017/2018 when Target first stared doing the whole wood facade/grey walls thing actually kept the SuperTarget branding, and got new SuperT signs with the white letters. After the lowercase was introduced in late 2018, all future remodels started using the lowercase "target" logo.

Example:
238973350.jpg

There have been some SuperTargets that have been downgraded from SuperTarget to Pfresh, but after the Pandemic, target stopped doing that as the Expanded Grocery was making more and more sales afterwards.

Here are the following states where you can find super targets. Even though the concept is basically dead, and we'll likely never see another new super target ever, the layout is still there. 225 super targets are in current operation.

Alabama (6)
Arizona (8)
California (8)
Colorado (20)
Florida (34)
Georgia (7)
Iowa (8)
Illinois (14)
Indiana (7)
Kansas (5)
Louisiana (4)
Minnesota (26)
Missouri (3)
North Carolina (9)
North Dakota (1)
Nebraska (7)
Oklahoma (5)
Tennessee (2)
Texas (41)
Utah (4)
Virginia (4)
Wisconsin (2)

There used to be 241 super targets, but a lot have closed over the years and been downsized to pfresh. This is a trend that will likely continue as Target is not necessarily strong in the food business.

Last edited:
Here are the following states where you can find super targets. Even though the concept is basically dead, and we'll likely never see another new super target ever, the layout is still there. 225 super targets are in current operation.

Alabama (6)
Arizona (8)
California (8)
Colorado (20)
Florida (34)
Georgia (7)
Iowa (8)
Illinois (14)
Indiana (7)
Kansas (5)
Louisiana (4)
Minnesota (26)
Missouri (3)
North Carolina (9)
North Dakota (1)
Nebraska (7)
Oklahoma (5)
Tennessee (2)
Texas (41)
Utah (4)
Virginia (4)
Wisconsin (2)

There used to be 241 super targets, but a lot have closed over the years and been downsized to pfresh. This is a trend that will likely continue as Target is not necessarily strong in the food business.

Dang, I'm surprised that TX and FL have more Supers than us in MN.

Just as @starmaster1000 said. No SuperTarget have been built since T-2406 in 2011. While the Super branding was dropped from stores and t.com in 2019, the first batch of remodels from 2017/2018 when Target first stared doing the whole wood facade/grey walls thing actually kept the SuperTarget branding, and got new SuperT signs with the white letters. After the lowercase was introduced in late 2018, all future remodels started using the lowercase "target" logo.

Example:
238973350.jpg

There have been some SuperTargets that have been downgraded from SuperTarget to Pfresh, but after the Pandemic, target stopped doing that as the Expanded Grocery was making more and more sales afterwards.
We have 1 store in our district that is above 2406 that has the super target branding and name.
Dang, I'm surprised that TX and FL have more Supers than us in MN.
Out of the 10(?) stores in my district in Texas we have 7 supers. I'm surprised California only has 8 though

Last edited:
We have 1 store in our district that is above 2406 that has the super target branding and name.

Out of the 10(?) stores in my district in Texas we have 7 supers. I'm surprised California only has 8 though

But what year was the store built? Store numbers don't always correspond to the order they were built in. T-2456 in MN was built in 2008, while T-2406 in MN was built in 2011. T-2229, T-2321, T-2180, T-2193, T-2313, and T-2300 all MN Supers, opened in 2007. T-2200 opened in 2006 while T-2390 also opened in 2008 like T-2456. T-2101 and T-2046 opened on the same day in 2005 and are far apart. Just using MN Supers as an example.

A little off topic but not really, all the Express Targets, which are the primary form of Target being built now, are T-3XXX. PFreshes that are being built still are using T-2XXX. Who knows what will happen when they run out of T-2XXX. Will they skip to T-4XXX or be in the 3XXX like the Small Format stores are?

But what year was the store built? Store numbers don't always correspond to the order they were built in. T-2456 in MN was built in 2008, while T-2406 in MN was built in 2011. T-2229, T-2321, T-2180, T-2193, T-2313, and T-2300 all MN Supers, opened in 2007. T-2200 opened in 2006 while T-2390 also opened in 2008 like T-2456. T-2101 and T-2046 opened on the same day in 2005 and are far apart. Just using MN Supers as an example.

A little off topic but not really, all the Express Targets, which are the primary form of Target being built now, are T-3XXX. PFreshes that are being built still are using T-2XXX. Who knows what will happen when they run out of T-2XXX. Will they skip to T-4XXX or be in the 3XXX like the Small Format stores are?
I thought it was built in 2015, but it may have been 2010

I don't know if this answers your question at the end, but somewhere the format changed. The new 'pfresh' store (though likely with larger local relevant sections, style, etc) (I think it went into an old Sears?) in Lihue, Kauai is T-3400: Target Lihue Kauai Store, Lihue, HI - https://www.target.com/sl/lihue-kauai/3400, but a new small format (49k sf) in my district is
T-34__

Alabama (6)
Arizona (8)
California (8)
Colorado (20)
Florida (34)
Georgia (7)
Iowa (8)
Illinois (14)
Indiana (7)
Kansas (5)
Louisiana (4)
Minnesota (26)
Missouri (3)
North Carolina (9)
North Dakota (1)
Nebraska (7)
Oklahoma (5)
Tennessee (2)
Texas (41)
Utah (4)
Virginia (4)
Wisconsin (2)

Region 4 💪🏻🤑📦📬Target Distribution Center Network | MWPVL - https://www.mwpvl.com/html/target.html. Fact-check. The new 2m sq ft DC in California 🥵

Last edited:
1394 Cumming GA used to be a super but it went away during the remodel. They just build a wall. Oven/proofer/deli counter is still behind there.

Wasted space for now, but eventually they'll use it for fulfillment I'm sure.

2056 went through a remodel and kept the SuperTarget. There's a certain $$ sales cutoff they need to be above to keep the SuperTarget.

Back