Archived What volunteer events does your store do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store does the United Way's Day of Caring each year, National Night Out, and today we worked with our local Habitat for Humanity for half a day! What do you guys do?

We have had quite a few events. Our volunteer captain is great!
I know there's been volunteering at schools (outside of library makeover), senior citizen organizations, different community events.

Our volunteer captain is amazing! We have volunteered for Meals on Wheels numerous times, we do a few 5ks a year, and we just ran a lemonade stand to raise money for United Way. We have also worked at a local homeless shelter, the food bank and played with cats and dogs at the humane society. I almost forgot my favorite, Trunk or Treat at the rec center and the Christmas party at the boys and girls club.

Wish we could do neat stuff like that.
The last volunteer event I went to, we were cleaning up at a park.
Turnout was low because it was hot & the ETLs stood around chatting while the TMs did the actual work. The only time they picked up anything or held a trash bag was when someone was taking pictures.

Our store is pretty good -- we have a volunteer captain who is pretty enthusiastic about it. We just did NNO, which was a blast - our DTL got in the dunk tank and encouraged all of the TMs to dunk him. We do the library makeover every year, and have done a few local projects -- we helped a local school build a brand new playground (one of our TL's kids attend the school), and we helped at the local food pantry. We also volunteer at the big family day for our town's festival. I am the store's volunteer co-captain, so I go to almost everything.

I'm thinking maybe Spot should start a special fund raising event for the TMs.

How about give everyone a full schedule that's not during the holidays.
They might find that people would be more willing to donate to things if they didn't have to worry about paying their bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back