Archived What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im A Foood/Starbucks TL who is having so many problems with my ETL over the schedule. Because we are a new Starbucks that just opened and the new changes with AE involving Starbucks TL's now taking over Food, my store hasn't given me the ability to write the schedule for my bux. So that means my ETL has been writing our schedule while also writing the Sales Floor.

The problem lies in their writing of the schedule. They are constantly scheduling people outside of their availability, or alone with no other trained baristas to cover their breaks. It's not like for an hour either, it's like 3 pm to close all by themselves. This leaves me to have to constantly fix things and try and figure out how I can get everything done and breaks covered with the crazy schedule I have.

Just recently he has changed my schedule around. Changing my closing nights, scheduled me on different weekends than my weekend rotation. Not giving me two days in a row off on my weekends off. And the kicker is that they have taken 3 week long vacations in the past 2 months. I barely see them cause I see them two days, then they are gone for a week. I'm frustared that they are changing my schedule which was promised to me when I took on my role, and feel like I can't count on weekend plans cause who knows when I'll be scheduled.

I have no idea how to approach this situation as they obviously just don't care. I'm nervous to go to hr because in the past when people are scheduled outside their availablity hr has just took them off the schedule and left that work center empty, even on a busy Saturday. What would you guys do?

They need to respect your availability. If HR leaves it empty oh well.. Sucks for them..

Now the downside is that they could cut your hours. But part of getting a person to do your job is a schedule they need to follow the rotation they offered and agreed to when you took it on. I would say talk to HR and see what their take is on that. And if they don't give a shit? Drop a dime to your Sbux DM and let them know that you are not scheduled break and lunch coverage and that sbux is closed - something they are not allowed to do. and you need to stop fixing it.

I have. They takes the problems he creates(i.e. The scheduling with no break coverage) and says to do whatever I wanted fix it. And then reminds me he wants to be in bux as little as possible.

Next step would be to go to your ETL-HR and let them know and see what they say.

I have. They takes the problems he creates(i.e. The scheduling with no break coverage) and says to do whatever I wanted fix it. And then reminds me he wants to be in bux as little as possible.

Typically, a brand new Starbucks is pretty low volume, and doesn't have many hours to use for double coverage. My store is v3, and the closer is solo every night. Weekdays, there are enough hours for 4 or 5 hours of double coverage
How many hours do you get?
When do you typically have double coverage scheduled?
How many baristas also work elsewhere?
Do you know how to enter a schedule in the system?
Try making a schedule. Just the shifts. It can be used every week, and you can fill in the names based on RDOs every week. You can sell it as less time your ETL has to spend on the bux.
Remind him that it is far easier to get it right in the first place, than to fix it later.
Make friends with your HRTM. She will probably be the one who actually enters the schedule. Ask to have a quick look before she does. Also, ask her to print out everyone's availabilities for you.
If it were me, however, I would just make a schedule. It really doesn't change much week to week. Present it as taking something off your ETL's plate.
As for your personal schedule, ask if there is a reason you are getting splits and a different close. Remind your ETL that you agreed to take on the added responsibility of Starbucks, and in exchange, you were allowed to pick your close and weekend rotation.

Next step would be to go to your ETL-HR and let them know and see what they say.
Perhaps for now. Don't forget that some stores are already losing ETL HR, and the rest will likely go next year. We will all have to learn other ways to problem solve.

Perhaps for now. Don't forget that some stores are already losing ETL HR, and the rest will likely go next year. We will all have to learn other ways to problem solve.

This just means get the fuck out of there.. Reminds me I need to be gone in a couple weeks.. My personal deadline is coming up quick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back