Logistics What's everyone's opinion on the (possible) elimination of the Reverse Logistics Expert position?

But I'm the POS.

I was also reminded today that the recycling bin in the breakroom is a farce. The cleaning crew just dumps it in the trash along the rest.

Face it, this is a company wide issue.
You and all those TMs in Cali doing the same thing. Just because the cleaning crew isn’t properly recycling doesn’t make target the problem. Target does everything to set up store for success but can’t hold every stores hand. Stores are tracked on what they recycle, donate and trash. It all starts with your PMBP enforcing these recycling best practices. Also esim is a compliance issue and you can 100% get written up for not following best practice.

Well then we can just Call the SD to open the doors 10x a day.

They can load the fucking sweep, gather up and straighten out repacks, figure out where to put the fucking recalls that get dumped back there and figure out where to keep them sometimes up to a year. Sort the ESIM and actually know what to do with it. Pulling MIRs and actually getting them out the door, making sure the STS gets in the door along with every other vendor. Keep their asses in line to pick up and take their empty pallets out. Cap all the booze that comes in the door when they check it in. Help SFS pack when they are drowning and then on top of all that keep the receiving area actually clean enough so you don't kill yourself trying to walk through there.

Yesterday it was over an hour just sorting repacks to get them to the point even be able to make pallets since the inbound team can't fucking put them away and the GM ETL doesn't care, that is for the receiver to handle. Well she can sort that shit out now.

/soapbox cause it's been a fucking day and I have zero patience for anyone's bullshit.
👏👏👏👏👏👏

You and all those TMs in Cali doing the same thing. Just because the cleaning crew isn’t properly recycling doesn’t make target the problem. Target does everything to set up store for success but can’t hold every stores hand. Stores are tracked on what they recycle, donate and trash. It all starts with your PMBP enforcing these recycling best practices. Also esim is a compliance issue and you can 100% get written up for not following best practice.

Did you bother reading the article? Here's a direct quote:

"The corporation also reportedly violated state laws by disposing of medical waste, including syringes, over-the-counter and prescribed pharmaceuticals, and confidential medical information about its customers, in the landfills."

It's a company wide culture. Say you're doing the right thing to make it look good then turn around and do what's easy.

We do the best to our ability but its difficult to hold the entire store compatible. Are we to let the PMT know about it? Our PMT isn't caring about it since it isn't his job. The boss of the PMT (PMBP?) came in and did a walk of store. I don't remember him mentioning anything of recycling to the SD when they were chatting by the receivers desk.

The possible elimination is aggravating and telling all us Cali TMs are doing the same irritated me. Sorry for the rant. Its hard to do anything when your SD and ETL don't do anything when you mention something is wrong, aka recycling and compost not being done. We're still not recycling shopping plastic bags and doing compost even though its an agreement with California. The only thing it got me was the Inbound TL tossing bags of plastic (plastic from rugs or merchandise) on the sweep truck but only when the sweep truck is getting loaded. Otherwise its goes straight in the compacter. I've been vocal about it but it got me nowhere.

Well then we can just Call the SD to open the doors 10x a day.

They can load the fucking sweep, gather up and straighten out repacks, figure out where to put the fucking recalls that get dumped back there and figure out where to keep them sometimes up to a year. Sort the ESIM and actually know what to do with it. Pulling MIRs and actually getting them out the door, making sure the STS gets in the door along with every other vendor. Keep their asses in line to pick up and take their empty pallets out. Cap all the booze that comes in the door when they check it in. Help SFS pack when they are drowning and then on top of all that keep the receiving area actually clean enough so you don't kill yourself trying to walk through there.

Yesterday it was over an hour just sorting repacks to get them to the point even be able to make pallets since the inbound team can't fucking put them away and the GM ETL doesn't care, that is for the receiver to handle. Well she can sort that shit out now.

/soapbox cause it's been a fucking day and I have zero patience for anyone's bullshit.
Preach! I can fix those repacks and 20 minutes later walk past them and they are messed up again.

I'm smiling cause when when we started modernization unload I was on vacation. When I return the inbound team told me our Etlog was going to have me presort cosmetics. Naturally I wasn’t happy about this but I waited to be told by my tl or etlog. No one said anything to me. A week are so later a team member overheard district ap asked etlog who was going to sort cosmetics. It warmed my heart when etlog was told Receives are all ready doing so much.

We do the best to our ability but its difficult to hold the entire store compatible. Are we to let the PMT know about it? Our PMT isn't caring about it since it isn't his job. The boss of the PMT (PMBP?) came in and did a walk of store. I don't remember him mentioning anything of recycling to the SD when they were chatting by the receivers desk.

The possible elimination is aggravating and telling all us Cali TMs are doing the same irritated me. Sorry for the rant. Its hard to do anything when your SD and ETL don't do anything when you mention something is wrong, aka recycling and compost not being done. We're still not recycling shopping plastic bags and doing compost even though its an agreement with California. The only thing it got me was the Inbound TL tossing bags of plastic (plastic from rugs or merchandise) on the sweep truck but only when the sweep truck is getting loaded. Otherwise its goes straight in the compacter. I've been vocal about it but it got me nowhere.
Comes down to a culture thing and it starts with your PMD, PMBP and SD. My district has had the best toss disposition override numbers and the highest donation rate in our group for 5-6 years ever since our PMBP started changing the culture and holding stores accountable. We’re also one of the only stores that composts in the company if not the only.

I think that if this is the biggest story out of Fall National 2019 Target is in sad shape. Receivers are usually some of the hardest working, most dedicated and reliable team members Target is lucky to have. A good receiver is an asset to their whole team. We have a wealth of knowledge about multiple aspects of our daily business and they actually think so little of us that they think its financially sound to eliminate this one role. They are wrong and I hope they fail but if they think I'm going sit around being played with their bullshit hours games come January and be treated like I'm obsolete, I'll just take all the assets I learned from my years at Target to another company that will appreciate them.

Our main receiver is a badass bitch.. She can do all of the job and just rocks it without much fuss. Where it killed me, I have learned to do enough of everything to limp along but nothing is actually ever done. But she makes it look easy. And forcing them out I dumbass.

Our receiver is a long-timer, keeps things tight & eats vendors for lunch if they don't follow protocol.
We're a hi-vol store & NEED a full-time reciever.
I remember all of us having to take a quick 'training' on receiving & now it makes sense what they're trying to do.
I see this as a disaster waiting to happen because NOBODY will be doing it long enough to become proficient.
If anyone DOES become adept, everyone will dump it on THAT person until they up & quit.

Receivers often have years of experience under their belt, I wonder if spot is going to offer them the ability to transition into others roles, or just hand them the pink slip and tell them their services are no longer needed. Although who would want to go from 32+ hours a week in the receiver role down to 15ish like the everyone else? I feel this is going to make a lot of receivers feel betrayed.

This is absolutely Target trying to kill off the older employees so they get their new impressionable people.

This is going to be a lot brain drain.

I guess it was fun while it lasted. Out of all the positions I've had ,this really did suit me the best. I'm a team player, but excell working by myself.

I will say that this last year alone HQ has definitely streamlined a lot of the receiving processes. I don't think it's at a point where they can completely stop having a dedicated receiver though.

Then again at my store I do have a few more responsibilities than the core roles we were given in April.

Maybe I will take the offer of being our grocery leader.

Who am I kidding, I want to at least be able to say "I like my job." I would be lying to everyone and myself if I took it.

All the vendors can be checked in my our FBTL and any other TL on his day off.

It is not going to be just TLs checking in but I guess TMs will be taught as well. Add FDC trailers to the mix when they show up at the same time with vendors, it makes consumables an ever more difficult department to handle. Consumables already is taking care of donations and their version of refuse so great more shit to deal with.

This is absolutely Target trying to kill off the older employees so they get their new impressionable people.

This is going to be a lot brain drain.

Yep cause a lot of us who know receiving are looking to get out and these kids that they keep hiring just have zero hustle and won't be bothered to do the job. In a couple days it will be a pile of shit on the desk and just get worse from there.

Yep cause a lot of us who know receiving are looking to get out and these kids that they keep hiring just have zero hustle and won't be bothered to do the job. In a couple days it will be a pile of shit on the desk and just get worse from there.

And Target will go on.

I guess it was fun while it lasted. Out of all the positions I've had ,this really did suit me the best. I'm a team player, but excell working by myself.

I will say that this last year alone HQ has definitely streamlined a lot of the receiving processes. I don't think it's at a point where they can completely stop having a dedicated receiver though.

Then again at my store I do have a few more responsibilities than the core roles we were given in April.

Maybe I will take the offer of being our grocery leader.

Who am I kidding, I want to at least be able to say "I like my job." I would be lying to everyone and myself if I took it.
I literally thought the same thing. I was "hinted at" to try and take our grocery lead position and said no thanks. Cause i knew i would hate it.

I really don't want to have to become a Lead or whatever. Seems like you just kiss someone's butt who's kissing someone else's butt.

I literally thought the same thing. I was "hinted at" to try and take our grocery lead position and said no thanks. Cause i knew i would hate it.

I really don't want to have to become a Lead or whatever. Seems like you just kiss someone's butt who's kissing someone else's butt.
And if you don’t kiss their ass, you get the blame for everything your ETL screws up and get chewed out for everything. Every. Day.🙄

Receivers often have years of experience under their belt, I wonder if spot is going to offer them the ability to transition into others roles, or just hand them the pink slip and tell them their services are no longer needed. Although who would want to go from 32+ hours a week in the receiver role down to 15ish like the everyone else? I feel this is going to make a lot of receivers feel betrayed.
They never lay off. They will be offered hours elsewhere.

...circling the drain.
Even if I didn’t work for target it’s hard to ignore the massive success it’s had in the digital retail world. Target had more EPS than any other company in Q2. Even Walmart and amazon. They’ve gotta be doing something right. Obviously we could be doing better but target could fire every Tm and replace them and people would still come in and shop. People love target because it’s target regardless or store structure. Targets not going anywhere.

I think it's so funny about defecting and esim and blah blah blah. I just dump that shit in the compactor. This just proves Target doesn't care beyond the public image.

Don't quote my message and tell me how wrong I am. I don't feel guilty, and I don't care.
You don't feel guilty and you don't care? Do you breath air or drink water? What a totally ignorant thing to be proud of.
Go ahead and quote me, I believe in what I post.

Even if I didn’t work for target it’s hard to ignore the massive success it’s had in the digital retail world. Target had more EPS than any other company in Q2. Even Walmart and amazon. They’ve gotta be doing something right. Obviously we could be doing better but target could fire every Tm and replace them and people would still come in and shop. People love target because it’s target regardless or store structure. Targets not going anywhere.
All that is propped up by the massive stock buyback they made between Q1 and Q2. Lower the number of shares, increase the EPS. Target repurchased 4.3 million shares of company stock during the second quarter at an average price of $80.02, totaling $341 million. Fund Investors get massive hard-ons when EPSs change by the penny marker something easily done through buybacks.

Along with corporate taxcuts that brought to fruition the EPS increase among many companies it is not an accurate account of success.

Last edited:
Back