Logistics What's everyone's opinion on the (possible) elimination of the Reverse Logistics Expert position?

Holding leadership accountable? That's laughable. All they care about is profit. Now if there was a way to show the public that, maybe.

If I was going to hold leadership accountable, I'd have bigger fish to fry than the recycling.
Honestly its the small wins. If you’re in California, we’re required to recycle a lot of stuff. It took a while to force leadership to follow best practice.

And I wonder how the public would feel feel if they knew that ALL the recycling in the store I work at went in the compactor? No, we have no recycling for plastic. I've watched enviro-moms do their duty by bringing in their recycling fir our bins up front. Then our cleaning crew dumps it all in their trash bin and puts it in the compactor. Why? Because this store has no recycling.
We did that for years. All of a sudden my PML's boss caught on and now if it's recycling it gets recycled. It'll happen at some point if someone gives a shit enough.

We did that for years. All of a sudden my PML's boss caught on and now if it's recycling it gets recycled. It'll happen at some point if someone gives a shit enough.

Yeah our issues are so many that, that issue is way down on the list. But I agree we could do a lot better.

From my knowledge it is not going away. Only stores that are low volume enough will terminate the position. Which makes sense. And I couldn't say it better myself. Along with PMT/PML There are no 2 people in the building with more that they have to keep up with weekly.

If that happens at your store, that's just something you'll have to deal with then. They shouldn't eliminate the position in the first place. Target is not hurting for money. They just don't want to pay it out. Like any other company. If that happens to me here and i'm not getting 40 all year long, like I always have. I'll leave. Simple as that. I work for a full-time position, not part-time.
There are still stores out there that aren’t pfresh or super. So they have very little vendor product. It would make sense to eliminate it there if cost effective. It is not as likely to eliminate at a SuperTarget because of the large amount of vendor product.
For example, a store a few miles from me is a regular target with no pharmacy, no Starbucks, and they have about 10 grocery aisles and 12 cooler/freezers. There is no cooler/freezer backstock. The vendor brings in enough to fill the salesfloor and comes back in a week or two to fill back up.

We're Pfresh & hi-vol with a LOT of traffic.
It would be insane to eliminate our receiver, considering how much they do to keep things moving.

I just got trained for the reciever position.

I was told by my SD that the district leadership made it clear that the position was not going away when it was brought up in a meeting. So 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I guess we won't know until it is truly announced. Congratulations on getting the position! 🥳

Back