What's everyone's PC Situation?

Just curious how everyone's Price Change situation is going? My stores is not well. We are in the middle of a remodel so our workload is insane and we are weeks behind. I think we have 3000 eaches in the gun, maybe 8 vehicle in back up ticket.....yea not well. How do other stores fair?

Since the management team cut hours the last two weeks, we are behind also. Getting caught up a little every day. Frustrating, but it isn't an important metric right now.

I don't even want to think about how many PC batches are in the gun. Backroom just refuses to pull them and none of the ETLs or the STL want to do anything about it. I have no idea wtf is going on with that. So the PC team has to choose, work the floor or pull their own batches. It's a really garbage situation.

Price change has been coming clean and the backroom has a decent PTM routine going, so the next few weeks should be pretty smooth.

Our pricing team purposefully goes slow sometimes just so they get more hours. They had a five hour shift once, hour and a half into they said they need to stay longer. They all brought their lunches knowing they were going to stay longer. It was sketchy

I'm not saying you are wrong. But how can you say they were going slow on purpose? Was it observable? Did someone on the team tell you that? I've brought my lunch before when I'm scheduled 5 hours. It's better to be prepared than to be asked to stay and have to buy something. Being prepared doesn't presuppose guilt.

Just saying they go slow on purpose isn't good enough. Wouldn't EVERY manager say that if they wanted it to seem their team was lazy?

Again, not saying you are wrong, but unless you can prove it, it's just an accusation.

Our pc team had their hours by 50 hours last week and are now about 2 days behind. Should they bust ass just because Target can't get the forecast right?

Price change has been coming clean and the backroom has a decent PTM routine going, so the next few weeks should be pretty smooth.
Your backroom takes are of PTMs? Do they just pull the disco and send it out?

Our pricing team purposefully goes slow sometimes just so they get more hours. They had a five hour shift once, hour and a half into they said they need to stay longer. They all brought their lunches knowing they were going to stay longer. It was sketchy

Or could be like ours where the forecast says 5hrs needed and they get there and its going to be a 12hrs thrash for them. Our forecast has been off either by what corp sends or what STL changes it to. But they don't work sluggish to just pad hours. If we had a decent PTM process there would not be as much crap for them to ticket. You go through that bullshit a couple weeks and you prepare for it.

Our price change team(which I am one of) come clean every shift. That means on the floor and in the backroom. Now the Christmas salvage and donations were a different story. WE finished that about a week ago working on it a little at a time without going over hours.

There are 4 of us and we get between 32 and 40 hours a week to get things done. If we need more help there are about 4 more TM's who know how to do pricing. Our ETL-MER asks us about mid shift if we are okay or do we need help.

The issue right now, always has been??, is the POG and pricing hours vary according to sales, but the work doesn't. So this becomes the discussion.

Hey team, we didn't make sales last week, so the schedule has been edited. So instead of using 200 hours for 220 hours of POG, we get cut to 150.

Then we get behind. And that's the tm's fault how??

Manage your business Target executives. Don't send work that you can't support with hours.

Same with pc.

And if there is work left to do ... well guess what executives, you're salaried. Grab a pda or my device and get started.

There was only one day I've ever heard of where we haven't come clean for price change. We're expected to stay late to finish the load, no matter what. Some days I've literally worked 8am to 7pm-ish to finish and I am only a price accuracy backup. This week was interesting for us. We have two main price change tms, 40 hours a week each. Each had a couple planned days off, so myself and another backup pricing tm were working most days. We actually managed to stay on top of things pretty well. Our main issue is the immense amount of clearance in the backroom. There are several vehicles and pallets full of stuff ready to be pushed. There's simply no where to put it all, and limited time to work on it. Everybody's been back-up cashiering like crazy cause only a couple cashiers are on at any given time, and yet we've been making sales most days.

I'm not saying you are wrong. But how can you say they were going slow on purpose? Was it observable? Did someone on the team tell you that? I've brought my lunch before when I'm scheduled 5 hours. It's better to be prepared than to be asked to stay and have to buy something. Being prepared doesn't presuppose guilt.

Just saying they go slow on purpose isn't good enough. Wouldn't EVERY manager say that if they wanted it to seem their team was lazy?

Again, not saying you are wrong, but unless you can prove it, it's just an accusation.

Our pc team had their hours by 50 hours last week and are now about 2 days behind. Should they bust ass just because Target can't get the forecast right?
Because I've worked with them before, they all hangout in one area which granted is fairly heavy, but they stand around talking and on their phones. When I've talked to the pptl she's talked about how she's worked one week with them and she has double, if not more, the numbers they get done. If you try and split them up so they don't talk they just complain ones doing more work than the other. Everyone knows it's going on at my store. And yes I do realize there are times when the workload doubles and they need more time, but during light weeks when it doesn't double they do this. One time the pptl came in on a Sunday and got almost all their work done for Monday, and by Friday they stayed over three or four hours even though at the beginning of the week they were almost a day ahead.

Your backroom takes are of PTMs? Do they just pull the disco and send it out?
We pull it and if we have time also work it out. About half the time our ETL ends up doing it.

Our price change team(which I am one of) come clean every shift. That means on the floor and in the backroom. Now the Christmas salvage and donations were a different story. WE finished that about a week ago working on it a little at a time without going over hours.

There are 4 of us and we get between 32 and 40 hours a week to get things done. If we need more help there are about 4 more TM's who know how to do pricing. Our ETL-MER asks us about mid shift if we are okay or do we need help.
4 people working 32 to 40 hours each week you better come clean. And work all your clearance out of the back. Most teams don't get that many hours. I have 3 team members they work every other Sunday for ad. Get about 28 hours for price..

Because I've worked with them before, they all hangout in one area which granted is fairly heavy, but they stand around talking and on their phones. When I've talked to the pptl she's talked about how she's worked one week with them and she has double, if not more, the numbers they get done. If you try and split them up so they don't talk they just complain ones doing more work than the other. Everyone knows it's going on at my store. And yes I do realize there are times when the workload doubles and they need more time, but during light weeks when it doesn't double they do this. One time the pptl came in on a Sunday and got almost all their work done for Monday, and by Friday they stayed over three or four hours even though at the beginning of the week they were almost a day ahead.

I see. If your pptl, her etl, and stl let it keep going on even though "everyone knows," that's on them.

At my store, that is the instock's team motis operandi.

Last week I was behind every day until Friday. This week I pulled myself off of pog on Tuesday and Friday I pulled my signing tm and a pog tm to help me finish. (We were ahead and working on next weeks work) I've been shorted anywhere from 20-30 hours each week and it's showing. Forget pushing the backroom I can't even get it ticketed on time. I used to be ahead by at least half a day when I was getting my full hours and now that I'm not getting them
I'm not finishing. It sucks. Price change is the least important dept and metric right now so I feel like I'm the only one who cares about it in my store. Oh and all that Hba salvage that I had to bag and zip tie myself. Shoot me.

We have 1 full time tm and 2 part time team members who work 3 days a week. 1 of them works 8 hour shifts, one works 4 hours. So really like almost 2 full time team members.

I am in a very high volume store and as I said we always come clean. Sometimes we are done early and work other centers or we are there late. There are 4 of us and we split what we do. 2 work the sales floor and 2 do softlines. Then we meet for the backroom work.

I've had my instocks TM spending days ticketing PC but pricing is so behind that they never get to what is pulled. When they finally catch up, there's 30+ batches we could pull. Plano is too behind to help, either. I would love all of it out of my backroom but I can't spare the 10 vehicles and time pulling all the batches for it to sit around for three weeks, especially when I have a DTL visit soon. I would love a store effort to purge it all out but that's probably unrealistic given no one would want to help.

I am in a very high volume store and as I said we always come clean. Sometimes we are done early and work other centers or we are there late. There are 4 of us and we split what we do. 2 work the sales floor and 2 do softlines. Then we meet for the backroom work.

This sounds similar to my high volume store. For our two regulars, one works sales floor, the other softlines. Usually the salesfloor person will handle backroom, depending on what's going on back there. If there are more than two tms, one always starts in the backroom. We get all that crap ticketed so someone can push it out. But we come clean no matter what. I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't.

I've had my instocks TM spending days ticketing PC but pricing is so behind that they never get to what is pulled. When they finally catch up, there's 30+ batches we could pull. Plano is too behind to help, either. I would love all of it out of my backroom but I can't spare the 10 vehicles and time pulling all the batches for it to sit around for three weeks, especially when I have a DTL visit soon. I would love a store effort to purge it all out but that's probably unrealistic given no one would want to help.
If you find time after your DTL visit, you could pull it, palletize it (repacks for loose stock), wrap it and throw it up in the steel.

Back