Archived What's going on with plano

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store's Plano hours are like that as well. We have four Plano TMs and one to, each of them come in for 4-8 hours one day for the whole week. Even my signing hours are vanishing

It's probably corporate's plan to force us out. That way, in the future, no one has to worry about setting pogs correctly. Save time and money.

This right here is why my caring has dropped. I have open availability, am trained in multiple workcenters, but have one day this week.

They don't care if I pay my bills, so there you have it.

It's probably corporate's plan to force us out. That way, in the future, no one has to worry about setting pogs correctly. Save time and money.

This right here is why my caring has dropped. I have open availability, am trained in multiple workcenters, but have one day this week.

We are helping at another store for remodel for up to 13 weeks. Our tl told us we'd have to swap back to our store for btc, I asked her why... it's not like they'd tru to get us 40hrs even that week. The one pog and one pricing tm that stayed behind still aren't getting a full 40 even with my signing hours added.

Of course they don’t care. No one other than the people you owe the bills to care.
You have to take care of yourself, hold yourself to a higher standard, go get that job that pays the bills, get multiple jobs. In end you are the one that can take care of you the best.

Of course they don’t care. No one other than the people you owe the bills to care.
You have to take care of yourself, hold yourself to a higher standard, go get that job that pays the bills, get multiple jobs. In end you are the one that can take care of you the best.

The reason I wrote this is because I find it the height of hypocrisy for the entire management staff to chirp about the pay rate increase to $15 an hour at huddle on one hand while cutting hours on the other hand. They stand there at huddle reading this prepared speech about how it's a great thing. And then the speaker asks the rhetorical question, "It's a good thing right?" No, I'm thinking. How are you going to pay for it?

Now I know. And you're right. I'm using my days off this week to look for a job. So the next cosmetics reset, they can shove their load of hypocrisy up their asses.

It's sad really. The very people who care are the ones getting screwed.

The reason I wrote this is because I find it the height of hypocrisy for the entire management staff to chirp about the pay rate increase to $15 an hour at huddle on one hand while cutting hours on the other hand. They stand there at huddle reading this prepared speech about how it's a great thing. And then the speaker asks the rhetorical question, "It's a good thing right?" No, I'm thinking. How are you going to pay for it?

Now I know. And you're right. I'm using my days off this week to look for a job. So the next cosmetics reset, they can shove their load of hypocrisy up their asses.

It's sad really. The very people who care are the ones getting screwed.
Every break,I'm on Craigslist job hunting.

Hey, me too!

I’m in the same boat.

I think some of the diminishing hours can depend on on the strength of your team and if your tl is fighting for more hours. My stl and dtl love our Plano team and have spread out the workload hours within the same month to be more evenly distributed when they can. My tl also volunteers the team to help with upcoming projects because they work efficiently and don't need a lot of babysitting to get the task done.

That being said, hours are still light for the team but they are picking up shifts everywhere they can: truck unload, flow, beauty, salesfloor.

It also seems to depend on how many plano TMs there are. We have a team of 3, all trained in multiple workcenters, and we've always been fairly happy with our schedules. Another store in my district has around 10 plano TMs and they have high turnover due to low hours.

Idk but I know for sure that we just finished with a huge remodel at our store and we basically set everything that is for now and I got kept for Plano recently and they basically told me no hours maybe like 4 hours per week?.. until we have something to set or new pogs for seasonal... which can be weeks until we get our hours or until huge events happen which kinda sucks.

Overall Plano hours are lower here too. 6 Plano/signing/price change TMs with some being scheduled one day/week and others getting a full 40 hours rather than the hours distributed evenly (depends if the ETL likes you or not - seriously -the ETL has even said the same - different topic). Still, it's a marked change. Fortunately we're able to pick up hours from other workcenters as needed. Hovering at 35-40/week with ~8 hours in presentation and signing and the remainder due to picking up backroom, cashier, flow and softlines shifts.

I understand everyone's frustration. I hated the time between big sets because hours would get bad.
Are yall not e2e though? My store is and all the old plano tms have an area. So there hours arent being diminished like they were before. During large sets they get pulled away and for sure get there 40.

It also seems to depend on how many plano TMs there are. We have a team of 3, all trained in multiple workcenters, and we've always been fairly happy with our schedules. Another store in my district has around 10 plano TMs and they have high turnover due to low hours.
We have 3 plus me for signing and 1 for pricing. Plus the pptl. They suddenly are scheduling 20-30hrs. Max for anyone but the pptl.

One is leaving and the rest of us bailed for another store's remodel. But eventually...

You know which stores are doing well in the retail space right now? Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls. Zone is crap, lines are long, employees are scarce, but everything is cheaper. Target is learning the wrong lessons from this success I think.

You know which stores are doing well in the retail space right now? Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls. Zone is crap, lines are long, employees are scarce, but everything is cheaper. Target is learning the wrong lessons from this success I think.
And I hate shopping at stores like those. Maybe I'm in a very small minority, but I want to shop at a store that's neat and put together, where I can find help if I need it, and don't have to wait forever to check out. I'll even pay more for better quality product!

For all of the POG team members- you will be swallowed up into the sales floor with the new e2e. You will help with sets however you will be fighting for hours just like everyone else. Everyone is going to learn your job. This company is no longer a place that can be your sole income unless you are a TL or above. Even then don't expect 40 hours or a work life balance. TLs will be working mid shifts when the guests shop. If you previously depended on T to pay your rent, be very scared. Consistency in hours for POG is history. Sure they went to $15 per hour but does anyone really think they are not going to cut somewhere else? Just make sure you are watching out for yourselves.
I have been watching whats been going on. I have been listening to whats going on in other stores in other districts. I see it starting in my store.

These opinions are my own.

End to end, pushing out Plano to only be used during big sets. At my store they have to get their hours elsewhere

For all of the POG team members- you will be swallowed up into the sales floor with the new e2e. You will help with sets however you will be fighting for hours just like everyone else. Everyone is going to learn your job. This company is no longer a place that can be your sole income unless you are a TL or above. Even then don't expect 40 hours or a work life balance. TLs will be working mid shifts when the guests shop. If you previously depended on T to pay your rent, be very scared. Consistency in hours for POG is history. Sure they went to $15 per hour but does anyone really think they are not going to cut somewhere else? Just make sure you are watching out for yourselves.
I have been watching whats been going on. I have been listening to whats going on in other stores in other districts. I see it starting in my store.

These opinions are my own.

Silly me to expect MY JOB to pay my rent.

I want to add that you are right, Target will say they care about their employees, blah blah blah, pay at $15 an hour, blah blah blah, while simultaneously stabbing them in the back.

It's all good though. I would never expect my employer to be honest and tell me that after 14 years of full time work, we are now going to change and NOT EVEN WARN YOU. I say this because management acts all sweet and caring to your face. No one came to me and said it was all going to be different.

And before everyone jumps on me that "they don't owe you an explanation," you're right, they don't. But don't say you care about your employees, plant that seed by advertising the new minimum wage on the news, and then stab me in my wallet.

Last edited:
Ross is a reseller. You get 8.50 hr (if you are lucky) and 20 hrs a week. Its the retail version of Mcdonalds. I live near one and while its great for me, its not a job for people wanting to pay bills. TJMaxx is a nice version of Dollar general. Marshalls is also under paying and remaining under $10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back