Archived What's the flexible fulfillment TM position like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted another question a few minutes ago about applying directly to the cash office, and now that my hopes and dreams have been shattered about doing that, lol, I'm wondering about applying to be a flex fill TM (I think the official title is Online Order Fulfillment TM). I worked at Target for 4.5 years and left earlier this year, but I just graduated and have a couple months long gap before starting a new job and want to work in between. However, ideally, I would really like to avoid working out in the store again (I was a cashier, salesfloor TM, and guest service before).

My last store didn't have an online order fulfillment TM, so I'm wondering what the position is like. Do you interact with guests? Where in the store do you work? Is it a chill job (as chill as Target can ever be) compared to other positions in the store? Thanks. :)

I just posted another question a few minutes ago about applying directly to the cash office, and now that my hopes and dreams have been shattered about doing that, lol, I'm wondering about applying to be a flex fill TM (I think the official title is Online Order Fulfillment TM). I worked at Target for 4.5 years and left earlier this year, but I just graduated and have a couple months long gap before starting a new job and want to work in between. However, ideally, I would really like to avoid working out in the store again (I was a cashier, salesfloor TM, and guest service before).

My last store didn't have an online order fulfillment TM, so I'm wondering what the position is like. Do you interact with guests? Where in the store do you work? Is it a chill job (as chill as Target can ever be) compared to other positions in the store? Thanks. :)
Why not try backroom? It's basically Salesfloor - the customers.

Flex fill TM I believe is "Just In Time ____" Something. Aka ship from store team members?

Don't know about other stores, but at mine the MyTime designation for Ship From Store is just called Flexible Fulfillment. Personally I just call it SFS so it doesn't get mixed up with the normal Flexes/SPUs.

For a quick rundown of what a SFS TM does, we fulfill orders placed through Target.com that have to ship out somewhere, whether it's another Target store or a guest's house. In a single day, there are two different phases for this. The first phase is picking, where you select a batch of orders to work on and pick the items up from the backrooms and sales floor. Depending on the store, you might be allowed to work without a red shirt for this since your priority is/should be getting product ASAP and not vibing with guests, especially during the Q4 season. If one needs help, though, try to direct them quickly or pass them on to someone who can assist better that doesn't have a timer to meet.

Once you get all the items that were ordered, the packing phase starts. This happens wherever the packing station is located in your store - probably tucked away in the backroom somewhere. This part is rather chill since you're either packing things on your own or with someone else you can talk to. ASANTS, but mine lets us use Bluetooth speakers to pump out some jams. It's also great to not have to deal with guests and sales floor problems like reshop and backup cashiering. There's a lot of details I skipped over, but that's the overall gist of it.

Why not try backroom? It's basically Salesfloor - the customers.

Unfortunately the backroom position is a little unstable right now since some stores have gotten rid of their entirely due to E2E, or downsized them.

If you can get into a store that still has backroom you're probably going to be pulling flexes anyway.

Most stores dont have a detcated flex tm because orders don't drop 'that' often to warrant one. Most have a SFS TM and. BrTM that will pull flexes.

Sucks in 4Q when flexs are dropping out the ass but most stores would probably just tack on another brtm or sfstm

Don't know about other stores, but at mine the MyTime designation for Ship From Store is just called Flexible Fulfillment. Personally I just call it SFS so it doesn't get mixed up with the normal Flexes/SPUs.

For a quick rundown of what a SFS TM does, we fulfill orders placed through Target.com that have to ship out somewhere, whether it's another Target store or a guest's house. In a single day, there are two different phases for this. The first phase is picking, where you select a batch of orders to work on and pick the items up from the backrooms and sales floor. Depending on the store, you might be allowed to work without a red shirt for this since your priority is/should be getting product ASAP and not vibing with guests, especially during the Q4 season. If one needs help, though, try to direct them quickly or pass them on to someone who can assist better that doesn't have a timer to meet.

Once you get all the items that were ordered, the packing phase starts. This happens wherever the packing station is located in your store - probably tucked away in the backroom somewhere. This part is rather chill since you're either packing things on your own or with someone else you can talk to. ASANTS, but mine lets us use Bluetooth speakers to pump out some jams. It's also great to not have to deal with guests and sales floor problems like reshop and backup cashiering. There's a lot of details I skipped over, but that's the overall gist of it.

Unfortunately the backroom position is a little unstable right now since some stores have gotten rid of their entirely due to E2E, or downsized them.
Gotcha, thanks! So is it safe to say the SFS TM sticks to doing ship from store stuff and doesn't have to work the floor and/or registers at all?

So is it safe to say the SFS TM sticks to doing ship from store stuff and doesn't have to work the floor and/or registers at all?
You won't be working the floor but you will still spend a good amount of time out on the floor, as you'll be picking items from both BR and SF locations. You won't be dealing with register backup/guest calls/etc but you will still have to assist guests. We joke that our SFS TM is basically a softlines TM he's out there so much!

I think the only position now that spends barely any time on the floor is Receiving TM. Or ETL.

Gotcha, thanks! So is it safe to say the SFS TM sticks to doing ship from store stuff and doesn't have to work the floor and/or registers at all?

Yeah, sounds like you want to avoid guest completely and receiver is the only position you can do that (And even they have to deal with vendors)

Flex fill TM I believe is "Just In Time ____" Something. Aka ship from store team members?
Just in Time Fulfillment TM is a position that's only around during the holidays. They get barebones training and pretty much only pack.

You won't be doing salesfloor work, but you will be spending at least half of your shifts on the salesfloor picking. You would still have to interact with guests and help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back