Archived What's the largest load you have received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Quickart

Cart Magician turned GSTL
What's the biggest load you have received?

I only ask this because last night my store took the biggest one we have ever received. It was a double truck night so we had a 3200 and a 2300 with 4000 of it going to the floor.

How they managed to fit 3200 onto a truck is beyond me :eek:. I also wonder why the DC gave us so much because it isn't hadcore back to school time yet...

Last edited:
The largest truck we ever got while I was working, was back in June, right after the dry grocery section of the remodel was completed. We got a huge 2700 piece truck (note, we are C volume and the most we get is 2500, and that's not often), of which 1700 pieces of it were just for Market. I worked Instocks that day, and scanning outs was an adventure!

I don't know exactly what the biggest load we've ever taken is, but we've received some huge loads. Especially in the 4th quarter, those loads are definitely the biggest.

I don't know exactly what the biggest load we've ever taken is, but we've received some huge loads. Especially in the 4th quarter, those loads are definitely the biggest.

Just seeing if you were paying attention to biggest vs. largest... :)

I can't remember exactly how big our largest day was... but I know both trucks combined were 5200 pieces, then we had a 1500 piece food truck, and about 1800 in pulls!! I can't remember how much we ended up pushing exactly but it was a mess, we didn't even bother backstocking anything (backroom worked freight as soon as pulls were done)

Our biggest has been 2700.

3200?!?!? I have to assume to make that number on a double truck that all your PIPO pallets were in the 2300 piece truck. Still, that just doesn't even seem logistically possible to fit that many regular boxes on a trailer.

Long ago, I was ON doing a reset (LOTs of DPCIs of little bitty crap) & I happen to be in BR when the back of a truck was being opened. There were several pallets that had shifted against the door & were in danger of toppling as the door went up. One of our BRTLs brought the crown over & carefully eased the fork part in the upper pallet just under the edge of the door, steadying it. Once the door was up, they carefully took out the upper pallets that had slid. I had newfound respect for our BR team ever since.

I remember we had a 5600 piece double one time, probably one December night. We had a well-staffed O/N team at the time, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
I think there may have been another time where we had a 3000 piece truck. I remember saying, "I've seen doubles smaller than this."
I had to get my mind out of the gutter when I first saw this thread title.

Our largest single truck was about 2700 and our largest double was 5900. That night sucked too because they didn't schedule enough people for that big of a workload.

Long ago, I was ON doing a reset (LOTs of DPCIs of little bitty crap) & I happen to be in BR when the back of a truck was being opened. There were several pallets that had shifted against the door & were in danger of toppling as the door went up. One of our BRTLs brought the crown over & carefully eased the fork part in the upper pallet just under the edge of the door, steadying it. Once the door was up, they carefully took out the upper pallets that had slid. I had newfound respect for our BR team ever since.

Red, this happens more than you realize. Our ETL has complained to DC countless time about how the trucks have been loaded.

As to the topic, I don't know how large are biggest double was or has been. I agree about the 3200 having no or VERY few pipos. Must have contained lots of smaller boxes.

B volume store, we've gotten past 2900 but haven't broken 3000. At least as long as we've been open, I don't know if we had any 3000+ when we were pre-opening.

I haven't received a big load, but i've delivered a big load. Literally.

Yeah, I could've thought of a better title. At least everyone found it entertaining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back