What's the most efficient way to audit, SFQ, and capacity after a transition?

Our store is getting strict on doing the above title lately but I'm getting mixed instruction on the proper way to do it.

I would do it in this order after setting and pushing back what I demerched.

1. Audit and change capacity on the audit app (changing capacity if increasing)

2. Before moving to the next section I would go to myday to fix any capacity that's decreasing.

*Now for SFQ, I was told that it changes automatically when you audit, correct me if I'm wrong here.

At this point, I starting pulling the POG batch.

Is my way fine or can it be improved?

Why not change SFQ within the My Day app instead of audit? (I thought audit was just to trigger replenishment if counts had gotten off.)

And if someone knows how to have enough time to do all this while doing a transition, I'd love to learn how. Seems like I'm always cramped for time and end up fixing capacities and floor counts on the fly while pushing my truck.

You set , pull and and push your pog then since not everything will be pulled in the batch you scan your outs and do item fill. Pull that and stock , backstock your remaining items . Then you fix sfq in myday to match your on the floor , in the back and on hand .

Why not change SFQ within the My Day app instead of audit? (I thought audit was just to trigger replenishment if counts had gotten off.)

And if someone knows how to have enough time to do all this while doing a transition, I'd love to learn how. Seems like I'm always cramped for time and end up fixing capacities and floor counts on the fly while pushing my truck.

I have never figured out how to do it. I much prefer catching discrepancies on the fly and just trusting the system is working properly (I know, I know but personally this feels more efficient to me). The only time I make sure to fix SFC/SFQ is when there is an obvious difference like a support pole is in the way or the number is wildly inaccurate like 3000 fit or it says 0 when the shelf is actually full and I happen to catch it as I set.

I audit once I am fairly certain the entire Dept is completely set and pushed.

I set as early as possible, so I don’t always audit the day of the set.

I’ve always avoided manual audits. I let the system generate a suspect task list and work that only. I do manual audits usually only on backroom locations and almost never one by one on the sales floor. I will correct counts if a guest has a concern something they are looking for isn’t being replenished or at a vendors request. The yearly inventory is where manual counting is done imho.

I do however adjust sales floor counts in myDay after setting a pog. I prioritize outs and lows. Then I complete a backroom pull for the pog. If the system pulled more than can fit I will adjust the capacity manually.

Im not really a DBO any longer so my use of audit and myDay may be different than others. I’m mostly a presentation expert now and is only focused on getting the floor “full” after a transition.

I’ve always avoided manual audits. I let the system generate a suspect task list and work that only. I do manual audits usually only on backroom locations and almost never one by one on the sales floor. I will correct counts if a guest has a concern something they are looking for isn’t being replenished or at a vendors request. The yearly inventory is where manual counting is done imho.

I do however adjust sales floor counts in myDay after setting a pog. I prioritize outs and lows. Then I complete a backroom pull for the pog. If the system pulled more than can fit I will adjust the capacity manually.

Im not really a DBO any longer so my use of audit and myDay may be different than others. I’m mostly a presentation expert now and is only focused on getting the floor “full” after a transition.

Please do manual audits. System generated audits are reactive in that they only fall in after fulfillment has INFed something. Being proactive and auditing beforehand is a tremendous help to your store's numbers.

Please do manual audits. System generated audits are reactive in that they only fall in after fulfillment has INFed something. Being proactive and auditing beforehand is a tremendous help to your store's numbers.

And so many TLs just sit there and enter the number it says we have....

The yearly inventory is where manual counting is done imho.
Except our yearly inventory didn't happen at all last year because of covid. And even when it happens on schedule, a year is a long time to go with incorrect counts.
(But then I used to do bookkeeping and I really like it when the numbers all line up, nice and neat. That kind of job is good one for someone with what I'd call mild OCD issues. ;) )

I set the whole aisle, then audit the salesfloor. If it's in other locations (savor spot, seasonal) I audit those as well. Then I go to the back room and audit the backroom section. Then drop the pull, so the pull is as accurate as possible.

I set the whole aisle, then audit the salesfloor. If it's in other locations (savor spot, seasonal) I audit those as well. Then I go to the back room and audit the backroom section. Then drop the pull, so the pull is as accurate as possible.

Wouldn't it be better to audit the backroom first so you don't audit anything out that might be unlocated back there while scanning the salesfloor?

Wouldn't it be better to audit the backroom first so you don't audit anything out that might be unlocated back there while scanning the salesfloor?

My thought is that while you are right, I would rather not finish auditing the back room than the floor if I run out of time.

I fix as I pull the batch after I set the pog. Like I know this book is full, or I know this aisle always thinks I can fit 12 movies but I can only fit 8. Or the apple stuff is always kept in the stockroom. So I begin fixing as I pull the batch. Lots of in and out of the batch but I’ve got it pretty fast now. Then if I have any overstock I scan them and fix before I take it back to the stockroom. This fixes most of the issues right away.

I SFQ as I go when I set something. Every other person who sets anything at our store seems to run out of time and it irks me when they set anything in my area cause I arrive to giant one-for-ones in the morning full of stuff that doesn't fit. I'd rather see to fixing capacities first, even if I run out of time for batches. Then at least if someone else has to pull, they won't pull anything that shouldn't go out.

I do manual audits for my grocery OPUs while in a cart at the request of the market TL. Does not take much time to do and as noted above it should stop a customer from not getting what they ordered.

I’m actually less interested in our metrics and don’t want to lose any customers because of INF’d items. Especially first time users.

Back