Archived When all your CAs quit the same week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely mess with the ladies room. Most of the GSA's are female and it's about impossible for a male to get in there, anyway. They take care of the simple stuff and I do all the rest.

We don't usually have one most of the day anyways. When I work all mornings I can go without seeing a cart attendant for a while. Only see one when I work nights.

We had one left that worked a 4hr mid shift but the towel was thrown in -_- he busted ass to it sucks. With one cashier after 2pm no one can do the duties of ca even basic ones like paper :/ our one gsa is usually guest service and our supreme leaders dont dare dirty their newly manicured nails. The complaints are rolling in like the toilet paper tumbleweeds rolling out the door -_-. Its hard to remember how proud and happy I was here several years ago

I keep my store shipshape and squared away. It looks like shit on my days off or when I'm scheduled hardlines.

I'll never understand that. The ETLs/TLs freak out over zoning but don't give a rat's ass about overflowing trashcans and a lot that looks like it's Walmart. NOT cool.

My store axed morning CA shifts so the STL/ETLs all did some mornings of restroom cleaning and checks to lead by example and handed the responsibility to the front end staff with the understanding that the coachings would be real if they weren’t maintained. ETLs still do it now and then to keep a somewhat ok attitude toward it with the team. We’re pretty good at “if I wouldn’t do it then I won’t make you do it” which is a rare thing to encounter.

I keep my store shipshape and squared away. It looks like shit on my days off or when I'm scheduled hardlines.

I'll never understand that. The ETLs/TLs freak out over zoning but don't give a rat's ass about overflowing trashcans and a lot that looks like it's Walmart. NOT cool.
The leadership paradox at work.

We usually have CAs in by 9:30, and have 1-2 on until close. There's no way we could get through the day without them. As it is it's not unheard of for our ETLs or STL running out for carts on one side while the CA is trying to get carts in for the second side, or calling out for all SF TMs to herd in any abandoned carts and yell at the BRTMs to get customer carts out of the backroom.

Our CAs come in at 11. By that time we desperately need carts unless flow has returned the ones that they had all morning. Only time a CA comes in before 11 is if they are scheduled to do the Drive up runs.

I’m the same situation, high turn over rate for our CA. I had to bring on a few at least every couple weeks. We had 5 three weeks ago and are down to 1. (High volume store with sucky leadership stresses them out) Of course I’m not given the payroll for orientation to bring the people ready onto the team but they somehow want it done still?

I prefer the term cart "blitz" cause it sounds like we're a bunch of good Germans. It's summertime so they pulled out before the dank heat was on.

Our store has 1 cart attendant that was a transfer from another location. They’d basically given up on trying to staff the position before. Still, the cart attendant is a minor so their availability is limited, so we still hear “team can we have a cart rally” or “team can we have a volunteer to go grab carts” more often than not.

damn the GSAs are in charge of cleaning the bathrooms at my store

And here I thought the ETL's were responsible getting carts if no CA was available. "insert" sarcasm font.

Technically it’s a front end responsibility - realistically ETLs are the only people who can make time to do it with out backing up everyone’s work load - the most efficient and quickest way is calling all available TMs to help do a cart run. It’s an ASANTS issue and even 2 stores in the same district might handle it differently.

I like running a buffer. It's peaceful, like watering the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back