Archived When do you like to take your breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Just thought I'd see what everyone else generally does.

We have the people are my store that take all their breaks within like the first 4 hours and then we also have the people that literally save them all for the last minute..

Personally, I like to take my first 15 about 3 1/2 hours in, then take my 30 at about 5hrs 15 mins, and then take my last 15 at about 7 hours. What about you guys?

I used to take my first around 3 hrs but a lot of our flow team changed and now they insist on watching garbage on television like that Kelly show. Rather not have to claw my ears out on my time off so I take my first 15 around 4 1/2 hour mark, then I have just 1 hour in between each my lunch, 2nd break, and leaving. Makes the day go by faster.

As flow we take our 15's as a team. 6am start 1st 15 usually 8:30. It is announced over the pa. 2nd usually 1 to 1:30. 6 hr state so lunch between 11

Pog team, pricing, and me (signing). Schedule is 6 to 2:30.

1st break at 8:15 right after huddle.
Lunch is sometime between 10 and 10:30.
2nd break is around 12:15.

8-4:30 lunch at 1:25-1:35 PM. I rarely get my 15s.

Too busy or lack of coverage usually

I know you didn't ask, but I'll plow ahead anyway. But I'd be talking to my supervisor and telling them that if there is a problem with me getting a second break, I'm taking my.other 15 with my first 15.

You DESERVE a second 15.

Sorry if overstepped. But I've seen people forego their breaks for this multi-billion dollar company. And it isn't right. Cause they'll throw you to the curb in a heartbeat.

1st quater of shift is my first break, half my shift is my lunch break, 2nd quater is my last break. Then I just hide my reshop cart in a different aisle in rear of the store each time. I then call out "LOD, reshop and zone are complete for my are, I'm headin' out" and before they can ask any questions I cut the walkie off, toss my Zebra wherever it lands, punch out, and bolt out the side entrance.

Since I'm FoodAve my breaks are usually scheduled but they very rarely follow the times it says. Generally it's whenever the GSA/GSTL find time to throw someone over to cover for me. I never get my second 15 because I'm having to close down when I should be getting it. My cafe hours are kind of messed up ridiculously. No set hours = no idea when I'm getting my breaks.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll plow ahead anyway. But I'd be talking to my supervisor and telling them that if there is a problem with me getting a second break, I'm taking my.other 15 with my first 15.

You DESERVE a second 15.

Sorry if overstepped. But I've seen people forego their breaks for this multi-billion dollar company. And it isn't right. Cause they'll throw you to the curb in a heartbeat.
My TL actually gets mad when I don't take my breaks and tells me literally this exact same thing...

All our teams stopped taking breaks together which destroyed morale. Good job corporate.

Every 2 hours. If I go more than 2 hours without a break I get in a bad mood lol I can only be overly perky and energetic in short bursts, it wears me out
This. I need a break. When I open (8-4/4:30) I like 10, 12, 2. easy to remember (have to take lunch before 1 since I'm a minor)

Especially at the service desk... people don't realize how tiring it is to be "on" all day long

First 15mins normally after 3 hours from start work. 5.75 for lunch breaks.

Very rare I take my last 15mins, close to never

I’m 8-4:30. Huddle at 9:45, break at 10, lunch at 12, last 15 at 2:30. Electronics here; a TL or ETL cover my breaks, since mobile is incompetent and the rest of the sales floor isn’t trusted. Kinda miss having mobile cover, my breaks might have been slightly longer lol

Our breaks (as cashiers or GS) are scheduled...every 2 hours....probably because we have to have lunch before the 5th hour.

I used to do my breaks in 2 hour increments. But now I take them when I can.

If I'm in SL, I have to cover fr breaks, and I have to compensate for the two TMs who take their breaks at like 5 hours and 57 minutes into their shift. They're usually in a couple hours before me so it kinda messes up my normal thing. In Starbucks, I take them when I can. I didn't take my 15 tonight and I left late. Gotta brush up on my closing process because I don't wanna work through all my breaks

I like my first 15 to be about three or three and a half hours after I start, then my meal might come an hour and a half to two hours after. At that point, I'm risking compliance if I wait another hour so I try to take it in two hours. My last 15 might come half an hour before I leave, or an hour before, it tends to depend on what I've got to do. Sometimes I don't even get it.

When I'm cashiering, it's every 1 1/2-2 hours. I try to let my GSTLs/GSAs to do the 3-2-3 set-up I like it.

I'm like the queen of not taking breaks at my store lol
Half the time there's not enough coverage anyway, but I really don't like taking breaks, especially if I have projects.

I usually work 4:30 to 12 so it goes like this:

6:35 break
7:15 lunch
10:30 break

Generally if I can help it I take my break 2.5-3 hrs after I start, lunch as close to my 5th as possible, and my last break within the last hour but that's usually for the rare 8am-4pm shifts

Gee, I have one day where that's a non issue. I am scheduled for 3.75 hours. Seriously, if that's going to be "a thing" I won't even be finishing out the holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back