When is your schedule posted on the wall?

It seems that HR posts the schedule later and later.

For example I would have known my schedule for July 4 to 10 by LAST Thursday.

Thoughts?

Sometime on Thursday afternoon/evening. It's typically up when I come in Friday morning. It will be delayed if there's a big visit that Wednesday or Thursday or if they need to totally redo much of the preset schedule. But, in those cases, it's been getting done on Fridays.

It used to be fairly normal for the schedule to not get done until Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes even Monday. They'd leave a sign on the timeclock to ignore the online schedule. HRBP cracked down on that though.

We usually have ours online by noon on Thursday. BUT no longer posted on paper. You have to have the app or look it up at store. So no one knows who is getting what hours/days unless they tell you. I think they did that so people wouldn't complain that some newbies/college people get more hours than them. People who are working year round always get less hours in summer when college students get back. Lots of complaints about that but no one cares. They usually get the full 40 too while others need the income to live, pay rent, bills, etc but fall far short of the 40.

Thursday by 5 for two weeks out. So July 4-10 will be posted when I go in tonight. We've never been ahead by more than two weeks.
I think either Seattle or even their state has to be posted 3 weeks out by law, not sure where OP is but only place I have heard off.

Do most retailers only post ONE WEEK AT A TIME?

I worked in retail almost twenty years ago and they did them out two weeks.

Sears was awful, regular employees didn't get their schedule for the next week until the Friday before, so literally two days ahead, that's it. In the early years the store manager would make the staff schedule for the month, but the last couple of managers I had did that one weekly as well.

A major regional retailer in my area posts the schedule only a week ahead.

When I worked at a campus-based bookstore, I wrote the schedule for the whole semester after staff told me what their class schedules & desired availabilities were. (Well, book rush was like a few days of Black Friday and it was all hands on deck.) But the rest of the semester was predictable for all of us, week to week.

I don’t trust the app and I’ve had MyTime delete shifts on team members. So what they see on the app may not be what was on the paper schedule.
That was the UKG app - it didn’t always adjust when a change was made. Just recently We were required to download a NEW app and that is ALL we have to go by - unless you know someone that will look into Mytime on the computer for you - but I don’t think they are supposed to.

I will not download any work apps on my personal phone. Of course if Target pays my phone bill I will download any work related info but until then NOPE NOT HAPPENING
In general I don't download third party apps on my cell phone for privacy reasons.

I see TMs using their personal phones at work all the time.

If I was required to carry a phone I work I ask Target to pay for the service AND phone.

I would also immediately put it my glove compartment along with my name tag the minute I left work.

That was the UKG app - it didn’t always adjust when a change was made. Just recently We were required to download a NEW app and that is ALL we have to go by - unless you know someone that will look into Mytime on the computer for you - but I don’t think they are supposed to.
I’m talking about a team members shift not the same in MyTime as it is on the paper schedule. The gold standard is the paper schedule.

there is no paper schedule anymore, it is now mytime. You have to download to phone or use computer in TSC or your home computer (that's what I use). Just go to mytime.target.com on your computer. Eventually you will be able to do everything on it except punch corrections. They will still need to be done in store. Schedules are to be available on Thursdays at noon.

I still believe hard copies should be available for those employees that are not tech savvy. As I’ve said in my above posts, I’ve had employees with missing shifts in MyTime and the only way we can validate that they were scheduled that day is by looking at the hard copy.

I still believe hard copies should be available for those employees that are not tech savvy. As I’ve said in my above posts, I’ve had employees with missing shifts in MyTime and the only way we can validate that they were scheduled that day is by looking at the hard copy.
This. Our MyTime shifts often get edited well after the new schedules are available to see online. Our schedules for 7/11-7/17 are still not posted on the wall yet. Even though we can see the schedules online, we are told never to go by those because they are still very likely to change.

This. Our MyTime shifts often get edited well after the new schedules are available to see online. Our schedules for 7/11-7/17 are still not posted on the wall yet. Even though we can see the schedules online, we are told never to go by those because they are still very likely to change.
We have a firm rule that they need to be posted by Thursday. It needs to be posted but they can change it with your permission. That printed copy is the important copy.

Mytime Auto schedules on Tuesday @ I believe it's at 2pm for the week after-next, based off the hrs your SD/HR have allotted for workcenters. That's why many Leads like to work on the schedules on Wednesday/Thursday. Working on it yesterday around noon, MyTime Automatically scheduled in shifts twice while I was doing it, so I had to refresh twice! took way longer to get done cause I kept having to recheck what I did. Another lead at a different desk was working on theirs and had the same issue. He was like "that's not happened before, and threw me off". So expect delays with the next schedule, cause Mytime got screwy this week!

Mytime Auto schedules on Tuesday @ I believe it's at 2pm for the week after-next, based off the hrs your SD/HR have allotted for workcenters. That's why many Leads like to work on the schedules on Wednesday/Thursday. Working on it yesterday around noon, MyTime Automatically scheduled in shifts twice while I was doing it, so I had to refresh twice! took way longer to get done cause I kept having to recheck what I did. Another lead at a different desk was working on theirs and had the same issue. He was like "that's not happened before, and threw me off". So expect delays with the next schedule, cause Mytime got screwy this week!
Explains why ours wasn't posted yesterday like it usually is.

is it just me or i dont see any next week schedule or available shifts on mytime. i was planning on taking a shift, but shows “0”.

Back