Archived When to request transfer to new store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new store opening in my area some time next year - closer to where I live and closer to my other job. When would y'all suggest talking to HR about transferring? I don't want to jump the gun, but I don't want to miss out either.

Do it ASAP! I originally applied for a different Target near me but they didn’t have an opening in the workcenters I preferred, but their HR told me about the store opening closer to me. Helped me get a foot in the door. The store they told me about is my current store. Anytime a new store opens they need experienced folks to help start a good store culture from the ground up. Go for it, I’m rooting for you!

Get familiar with Plano/flow and you can probably help do the initial store setup. I can't imagine how many trucks (freight, fixtures, signing) come to a new store in the first few months.

Thanks for all this encouragement! I currently work flow as my main work center and have assisted plano multiple times when they do major re-sets. (Haven't worked POG independently while at Target, but I did in my previous retail job.) I'll talk to HR pronto.

Will it be an express store? I think that is what they are opening mostly right now. In those stores, TMs and TLs work everywhere.

Will it be an express store? I think that is what they are opening mostly right now. In those stores, TMs and TLs work everywhere.
It's in an urban setting - would that be express? I've worked everywhere in the store, prior to e2e, except electronics. So I'm pretty comfortable with almost all the product offered.

Probably an express if it’s a City Target. They seem to be opening more of those now, one just went in in my district. In any case a new store is going to need people with your level of experience.

Update: So, I talked to HR who kept me updated as things changed (projected opening date, etc.) and she was more helpful than I expected. But even though the new store is closer to my house, my awful former TL is moving there. Had my review recently and it went well, plus it was confirmed that I'll be a DBO in my current area, which is where I was hoping to stay. I'd been vacillating between working at a brand new store closer to home and leaving a store with a leadership team that I mostly like and friends I'd miss. The one leader I don't like moving to the new store made it an easy decision!

upcoming store openings - https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/upcoming-store-openings

Probably. If it is one of these, you can check the size. I think your experience would really be welcomed.

CA – Goleta
Located at the intersection of Hollister Ave. and Storke Rd; Approx. 117,000 sq. ft.

The first one on the list was a former KMart. I used to work there in college. Oddly, my new co-worker also worked there in college. It's a really big store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back