Archived Where can I find workload estimates for Plano and Pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it accessed via the adjacency calendar tool? I want to find estimated hours needed for any given week -- for Plano, Price Accuracy, etc. (Note: I'm aware of the Promotional Signing Guidelines resource for signing prep, setup, takedown.)

For plano it is under adjacency calendar. The adjacency calendar will tell you the hour breakdowns for presentation, salesfloor (salesplanners, tables), and visual adjacency (softlines).

Please note tho....Adjacency calendar hours change week to week. If you check hours for 10/30 on 9/30 they will be low. Check same week 10/30 on 10/23 and you will see a big jump in hours. And always plan for revision hours ...they def don't make it to adjacency calendar until week before. Hope this makes sense!

Is it accessed via the adjacency calendar tool? I want to find estimated hours needed for any given week -- for Plano, Price Accuracy, etc. (Note: I'm aware of the Promotional Signing Guidelines resource for signing prep, setup, takedown.)

For Price accuracy, the new workload planning forecast in available on workbench now, after being revamped after it's initial roll out a year ago. Prior to this, was Target's HOST program. This is going away though now that the workbench report is here. As far as estimated hours, that wont be displayed, but Corporate has been doing pretty well forcasting the hours needed to complete the given workload. But the trick is dividing up those hours throughout the week to match the day to day workload. Feel free to PM me if you want more info as to how to judge daily work...

I would love it if you could give me some advise on judging the workload. We are a "ticketing state" and seems that we are not being given enough hours to complete the job. Any help would be appreciated.

Youre not alone....forecasted eaches always fluctuate they say + or - 10%. What works best for me is to get the daily total off the forecast and divide it by 100... For example yesterday i had 2650 eaches it would of taken 26.5 hours to complete but depending on how fast your team works and other issues u might want to add a few extra hours to get it done. Hope this helped!

I use the rule of 800-1,000 etches per person. So if you had a 4,115 each day like I have tomorrow, I have four people scheduled. Of course that has a number of factors that go into it. How good is the zone, etc... Labels are sometimes heavy, however if you know the pattern of labels you should be able to estimate when your labels will be the heaviest. Our label work is always heavyset on Thursdays, due to our COMP Shop, being completed on Tuesdays. So even if the workload for clearance is small, I always schedule someone 5 hours with another Team member to complete daily workload.
The problem that I am encountering right now is that the forecasted hours aren't matching the projected workload. According to max for this week, it's a 4,000 each week and i got 45 hours. However according to the workbench forecast it's a 10,000 each week. I my supported it and there response was less than helpful. My STL are sitting on a conference call on Friday with our GOL to see whats going on! anyone else seeing a discrepancy?

I have been noticing that too. Im forecasted like 2000 eaches so i will schedule for that but then it ends up being like 3100. Even though i follow the forecasted eaches. Mysupport was no help. To help me with that ive been checking what adjacencies and transitions are coming up usually depending on how big it is i can guesstimate if i will have a lot of eaches. Does anybody still use the host report for price change workload?

I have been noticing that too. Im forecasted like 2000 eaches so i will schedule for that but then it ends up being like 3100. Even though i follow the forecasted eaches. Mysupport was no help. To help me with that ive been checking what adjacencies and transitions are coming up usually depending on how big it is i can guesstimate if i will have a lot of eaches. Does anybody still use the host report for price change workload?

I've been doing that too, with checking adjancenies and such. I use to use HOST all the time, I use to look at both reports (Host and Wrkbench) to schedule. However, they just recently deactivated the HOST report for pricing workload. UGH..........

My STL wants me to my support everyday until the issue gets on someones radar in corporate. We should all unite and keep my supporting it. maybe we can change something! They were doing so well lately, but now there back to there old carpoola again!

I use the rule of 800-1,000 etches per person. So if you had a 4,115 each day like I have tomorrow, I have four people scheduled. Of course that has a number of factors that go into it. How good is the zone, etc... Labels are sometimes heavy, however if you know the pattern of labels you should be able to estimate when your labels will be the heaviest. Our label work is always heavyset on Thursdays, due to our COMP Shop, being completed on Tuesdays. So even if the workload for clearance is small, I always schedule someone 5 hours with another Team member to complete daily workload.
The problem that I am encountering right now is that the forecasted hours aren't matching the projected workload. According to max for this week, it's a 4,000 each week and i got 45 hours. However according to the workbench forecast it's a 10,000 each week. I my supported it and there response was less than helpful. My STL are sitting on a conference call on Friday with our GOL to see whats going on! anyone else seeing a discrepancy?

I'm sitting at 40 hours and 10,500 eaches for pricing this week. As soon as I got the payroll forecast I told the STL there was no way we were meeting payroll.

You should be forecasted at least 100-110 hours to finish that workload. Same thing happened to me after christmas! Luckily i have a great STL who listens and gives extra hours.

yeah, my STL is great too...... My thing is Corporate needs to get their heads on straight. It's not like we control what goes clearance. They should be giving us enough payroll for the workloads they drop..

Yeah for awhile it was ok and the hours matched the workload but lately not so much. It was my problem too when i first started PA.

Tomorrow the clearance workload forecaster shows 2,300 but the daily report shows that it's going to be over 6,000. Stupid CWF is never to be trusted I swear.

Was this the week the urgent news came out that said the forecast tool was not updating accurately? At least you guys have an STL who will give you more payroll and who actually cares, etc. Mine has told me to never talk to him about needing more payroll, has told me to tell my ETL the problem and let her fix the problem without spending any extra payroll. Side note: my store has no softlines ETL, so my boss is HLines over market...

Was this the week the urgent news came out that said the forecast tool was not updating accurately? At least you guys have an STL who will give you more payroll and who actually cares, etc. Mine has told me to never talk to him about needing more payroll, has told me to tell my ETL the problem and let her fix the problem without spending any extra payroll. Side note: my store has no softlines ETL, so my boss is HLines over market...

Welcome to The Break Room.
Wow an STL that has told you never to talk to them about payroll or hours.
Amazing.
What a great way to avoid ever having to deal with people.
Just make a list of the most important things people have problems with and make them off limits.
I wonder what's next on the list?

A few weeks ago I received the Urgent Message that that week's forecast was incorrect. For the most part, (aside for that week) the forecast has been pretty spot on. What I do is calculate how many hours I need each day (including an additional 15% for labels), e-mail how many total hours I would need for the week to my STL, and she will either use those hours or sometimes give me a few extra, especially if there's something else she needs me to work on, so when I do the schedule that Wednesday, I have the appropriate hours. I haven't had an ETL for close to a year, so I am very lucky to have an STL who accommodates my team with necessary hours and allows me to stay some days so that I can complete the workload.

Thanks, what's funny is my STL has been at this store for 15+ years and with Target for 25+ years. I can't understand why he is an STL. Has noone ever called the alert line on this terrible boss?? I'm sure I will soon, unless I can transfer.

Thanks, what's funny is my STL has been at this store for 15+ years and with Target for 25+ years. I can't understand why he is an STL. Has noone ever called the alert line on this terrible boss?? I'm sure I will soon, unless I can transfer.

You go to the 'alert' line about your store team leader and they will congratulate
them on a job well done and motivate them to save payroll even further while
discussing tactics to drive away anyone who contests.

They know their team members well enough to understand the majority don't
have the audacity to whistle blow much less fight for unemployment and employees
rights after a vindictive retaliation termination.

Parents are too easy on their children giving them the impression that no matter
how bad they do in life they will always have a roof over their head which
eliminates any drive or work ethic from the child in order to succeed in life.

The pen is mightier than the sword. Today, the people struggle to effectively
use either one.

Government governs education thus literacy ignorance is the work of the government.
If the parent is to blame then we are all really screwed for anyone can be a parent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back