Archived Where did the hours go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since July, I've noticed a rather alarming gradual trend with the hours I'm being given, in that I'm getting less of them. I work in electronics, and have been accustomed to between 30-40 a week. However, I took some time off for FMLA in July and upon returning, I learned of a couple big changes. In July, our electronics department began end to end transitioning, and the senior team lead was no longer in charge of making the schedule.

I've gotten 19, 27, and 24 hours the past three weeks, and everyone else in electronics is being given more, though this has been true for a while, it's only recently thay the hours cut has been so drastic. And it's not like management can't give them out--we keep hiring awful new electronics TMs (our last one would show up 3 hours late and take phone calls on sales floor, our current newbie has the worst attitude problem I've ever seen) who are also getting more hours than me.

What can I do to get more hours? And why is this happening? I've heard of TMs getting hours cut when management wants them out, but everyone is nice to me to my face and I've never had any write ups or coaching.

I am currently considering another job, but I do like Target and would like to keep it if possible. I am however considering other job opportunities either alongside or in place of Target.

Is giving up and quitting my only recourse though? Whatever is going on, I'm sure a solution can be found short of going to work for Amazon or whatever.

Mon-Sat 8AM-11PM with only Friday morning listed as unavailable., so I don't think it has to do with that. I used to get better hours with the same availability.

You said yourself you have a new schedule writer.

If you were not available Sundays and Friday mornings at my store and the others were available 24/7 they would get more hours than you.

You said yourself you have a new schedule writer.

If you were not available Sundays and Friday mornings at my store and the others were available 24/7 they would get more hours than you.

My bad. Meant Sun-Sat. I'm available all week pretty much anytime other than Friday morning. That probably doesn't explain why I'm getting 6 days off at a time.

I guess I'll ask and find out. I'm gonna wait for the schedule to roll out tomorrow and then consult HR or an LOD if necessary.

Update: It turns out because I called out sick one time a few weeks back, management determined I am unreliable and slashed my hours. LOD agreed to average out hours, but at the same time, sounds like my manager is a massive dick who chose to screw over my livelihood and ability to afford xmas presents out of little more than spite. So yeah, sounds like time to get a second job.

The people in charge at your store will make or break your experience with Spot.

So far, I've (knock wood) been lucky, but a few times it's been rough!

Update: It turns out because I called out sick one time a few weeks back, management determined I am unreliable and slashed my hours. LOD agreed to average out hours, but at the same time, sounds like my manager is a massive dick who chose to screw over my livelihood and ability to afford xmas presents out of little more than spite. So yeah, sounds like time to get a second job.

Yikes, ONE time? If that's the case, you better watch your back as it sounds like the smallest of infractions will have the LOD coming down on you.

My bad. Meant Sun-Sat. I'm available all week pretty much anytime other than Friday morning. That probably doesn't explain why I'm getting 6 days off at a time.

I guess I'll ask and find out. I'm gonna wait for the schedule to roll out tomorrow and then consult HR or an LOD if necessary.
To be fair you waited six months to inquire. If you'd had this conversation back in July along with asking what you could do to convince them you were reliable we'd likely not be reading this thread right now...

To be fair you waited six months to inquire. If you'd had this conversation back in July along with asking what you could do to convince them you were reliable we'd likely not be reading this thread right now...

I dread confrontation and put it off in the hopes it would go away, since initially I was only coming up a couple hours short of what others in my department have been getting. In regards to reliability, I've been working at my store for over two years, I have to imagine I've long since proved my use to Spot otherwise they'd have canned me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back