Archived Where do I leave from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a shift that ends at 11pm. our store closes at 11pm, i'm a cashier so I was wondering, do I exit from the front entrances, will they still be open but the time I clock out? I assume the store stays open pass 11pm, as people are still exiting? I just dont want to make a fool of myself or get lost.

Once the team is released, you should be able to meet the TL at the exit. You usually wait til after everything is done to close the store. So in my store, we’d finish everything, clock out together and then go downstairs because the exit is downstairs, and the TLs will use their keys to release the team.

Wherever the guests leave i always let the etle locking up know im grabbing my things so they wait on locking the door

Just ask your closing GSTL/GSA. Every store is different, just depending on its layout. Even if you’re scheduled off at 11:00, you may be expected to stay and help the sales floor team finish up reshop, etc. This can also vary from store to store, and it often depends on how tight hours are for the month.

I have a shift that ends at 11pm. our store closes at 11pm, i'm a cashier so I was wondering, do I exit from the front entrances, will they still be open but the time I clock out? I assume the store stays open pass 11pm, as people are still exiting? I just dont want to make a fool of myself or get lost.
For cashiers, you pretty much keep working the lanes until all guests are out and the doors are locked.

Depending on your store's specific closing operations, cashiers either:
1. Leave then after thru TMSC/Front Doors
2. Work on any closing FrontLane zone & tasks then leave
3. Or assist the closing team with zoning/reshop and leave with the closing team.

Check with your GSTL/GSA. And make sure you leaving with someone.

Last edited:
Some stores have an entrance/exit going into TSC. Basically the Employee entrance and exit. My store has it due to the fact there's no where for us to go through.

The first Target I worked at had that entrance, but my current store does not, so definitely an ASANTS thing.

Some closing teams leave all at the same time? Ours kinda trickle out. And we don’t do anything extra after closing. Once our areas are clear and reshop is put into appropriate carts, we are good to go.

The closing doors vary based on store. I've seen ones next to the guest doors, ones that were the guest doors, ones that were in TSC, and mall ones that just dumped out of the side of the store so there is no consistency. Also the closing procedures vary store to store so ask. Communication is your friend.

Ask your gstl, tl, Etl, hr, or lod on how to leave. My store after hours exit is in the middle, because I am a former greatland with 2 doors.

Last edited:
If I could have a bed in the ambient room, ill work for free, I love the temperature in there!

If you're actually able to clock out and leave right at 11pm, I would think the exits doors are still open. There are usually guests still being checked out and the LOD can't lock the doors until they're all gone.

If you're actually able to clock out and leave right at 11pm, I would think the exits doors are still open. There are usually guests still being checked out and the LOD can't lock the doors until they're all gone.
50/50 chance. Usually we've shoo'ed all the guests to the registers before the final announcement and they are out of the store just a few minutes after close. So you'd have to get to TSC, secure your equipment, clock out, grab your stuff out of your locker, and make it back to the door by 3 minutes after. Some people manage it, some don't. Some LODs will hold the door open just a few minutes longer to let people out the front, some lock those doors right at the heels of the last guest.

50/50 chance. Usually we've shoo'ed all the guests to the registers before the final announcement and they are out of the store just a few minutes after close. So you'd have to get to TSC, secure your equipment, clock out, grab your stuff out of your locker, and make it back to the door by 3 minutes after. Some people manage it, some don't. Some LODs will hold the door open just a few minutes longer to let people out the front, some lock those doors right at the heels of the last guest.
Wow I wish the guests actually listened at my store. Instead, random middle aged women come in like 5 minutes before the store closes and literally run from any team member trying to get them to leave or go to a register so that they can look at more dish towels

Wow I wish the guests actually listened at my store. Instead, random middle aged women come in like 5 minutes before the store closes and literally run from any team member trying to get them to leave or go to a register so that they can look at more dish towels
We guest service them to death. Right at the elbow, so they can feel the pressure to leave. All the lights turning off helps too, I don't know if your store does that.

^meant defectives rather than perishables. And life in the steel looked preferable at that point. Wouldn’t have an excuse to be late either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back