Archived Where do you see the company heading in the next 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amber19renee83

Do you think places like Walmart or Amazon will do major damage to us? You think we will ever file bankruptcy?

I don't. I think that although Amazon is nice, I think there is a thought that they are too big, too pervasive...kinda like Facebook but for retail and beyond. If given a choice, I will go anywhere other than Amazon to make an online purchase.

Yeah, I love amazon and see no reason to not buy stuff from them. But even they don't have everything I need.

Target is FAR from filling bankruptcy. A company as large as Target has a lot of assets it can sell off (think real estate), Shipt, etc. Can also get a boatload of loans, sell stock... Target will be around for quite some time, and some of its new methods may actually help stabilize it.

Do you think places like Walmart or Amazon will do major damage to us? You think we will ever file bankruptcy?

You say we as if you work for Target. I saw on Reddit you currently work for home depot and used to before HD. Why even care if the company goes under?

I don't. I think that although Amazon is nice, I think there is a thought that they are too big, too pervasive...kinda like Facebook but for retail and beyond. If given a choice, I will go anywhere other than Amazon to make an online purchase.

Yeah Amazon is really getting creepy.

TBF most big corps are but they really really are.

Yeah, I love amazon and see no reason to not buy stuff from them. But even they don't have everything I need.
Plus, a lot of people like being able to physically see an item before they purchase it. You can't do that with Amazon. I think that's partly why a lot of big box stores are still chugging along.

Plus, a lot of people like being able to physically see an item before they purchase it. You can't do that with Amazon. I think that's partly why a lot of big box stores are still chugging along.

Pretty much. I'm not buying something like a TV or major appliance without seeing it in person first. I bought my current computer desk online from Target and I hate it.

I think we're going to have a bit of trouble when the remodels are done and sales don't increase just because the stores look pretty.

Target will be ok at that point, but those of us left in the stores will see payroll slashed even worse than it is now.

I think SFS is going to keep Target stores relevant far longer than other places have and will last.

Target makes a lot of novel and creative business decisions, and while not all of them work out, trying new things is what makes a business successful.

I don't think the company is in any danger. I do think that long time team members who refuse to change are in danger.

Target is nowhere close to bankruptcy at this point. Their stock has been climbing significantly over the last few years and they are doing really well for a retail store.

However, my opinion is that all these changes we are seeing are short term fixes. I do forsee the company struggling down the line. Right now they are benefiting from a strong economy, name recognition, and payroll cuts.

Going E2E has eliminated a HUGE amount of payroll. Target has basically gone from having 5 people stock, and 5 people back stock to having only 5 push AND back stock. Of course their profits are going to be way up in the short term.

On top of all of this the hours have been cut to a historically low level. Once again short term fix for profit increase.

The question is though, what’s the company going to look like in the long run? While I still worked at Target I noticed a huge downward trend in the stocking. Things are flexed everywhere, guests are getting irritated, a lot of outs, etc. We had a wall of Creamer where EVERYTHING was flexed. Literally nothing was in the right spot and no signs were made. Guests are going to go irate over this and either shop online or go somewhere where they can stock properly.

That’s just with stocking. They have a host of other issues all over their store. Inept management, bending over for the guests for fear of a bad survey, nonexistent training, etc. All of these things are going to hurt the company in the long run, but they’re not visible at the present time in regards to the overall company’s well being.

While I still worked at Target I noticed a huge downward trend in the stocking. Things are flexed everywhere, guests are getting irritated, a lot of outs, etc. We had a wall of Creamer where EVERYTHING was flexed. Literally nothing was in the right spot and no signs were made. Guests are going to go irate over this and either shop online or go somewhere where they can stock properly.

That's a ASANTS issue. I've gotten our flex down substantially in the past year. The biggest issue is when the STL asks someone to do a sales planner and they don't have time so they do a fake tie and don't change the quantities to 0 so product without a home location floats on the floor or someone doing the breakout puts like product together but one type is on a sidecap across the store from the other like product. Palletize freight will solve this issue if Target can pull it off.

The hours for pulls were inflated, the issue is the hours for other things were not. I do my own time studies and you can tell Target has started to do their own. The ASANTS will be the downfall.

The shedding of talent that is happening with the modernization that is going on is going to hurt. And hurt a lot. My store just this month most of dry market, and all but three softlines people are leaving. We have so many spots open its ridiculous and we can't get people. Or they see the disaster that is how the store runs and Nope the fuck out.. Three new hires all did that this week.. Two did it last week..

We are going to be in not such a good place for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back