Archived Where is this overtime coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I was just checking my pay statement online and it has me down for 1.02 hours of "overtime" at $9.11 an hour (an 86 cent increase). I just can't figure out where I stayed late enough for overtime. No 8 hour shifts, a few close to 6 but I've always been out by the 6th hour. No morning shifts right after a night shift. I do have some holiday for 4th of July, but that wouldn't count as over time? And believe me, I'm no where near 40 hours! (The hours I do get are more than enough!:lazy:)

Could it come from staying a few minutes after my scheduled shifts combined or something?

I won't complain about an extra few dollars as long as I don't get in trouble for it. Can someone maybe help me figure out where this overtime came from?

Hi there, I was just checking my pay statement online and it has me down for 1.02 hours of "overtime" at $9.11 an hour (an 86 cent increase). I just can't figure out where I stayed late enough for overtime. No 8 hour shifts, a few close to 6 but I've always been out by the 6th hour. No morning shifts right after a night shift. I do have some holiday for 4th of July, but that wouldn't count as over time? And believe me, I'm no where near 40 hours! (The hours I do get are more than enough!:lazy:)

Could it come from staying a few minutes after my scheduled shifts combined or something?

I won't complain about an extra few dollars as long as I don't get in trouble for it. Can someone maybe help me figure out where this overtime came from?

Cant you look at your timesheet and view all your punches from the last week or two? Total them up.

I would have to look at your punches to be sure. The holiday hours are completely separate from your other hours.

I'm only counting 30 hours in the last two weeks. I do work tomorrow so I'll probably ask about it. Hopefully they'll have some clue.

Thanks!

Youd be surprised how quick overtime can accumulate. Every time you clock in early (even though its only 5 min max) and every time you dont clock out exactly when you are scheduled to adds up quick. Not to mention if you ever close. If your store is like mine and keeps you until the crack of dawn whenever they please that will really screw you on your overtime.

I've already worked 3/5 days this week, and I'm forecasted to hit 43.5 hours for the week, including my breaks. My TL keeps staring at me when I said I had to cut hours somewhere.... *sigh*.

Could it be that you're in one of those states that calculates overtime by the day versus a cumulative week? I know California is like that.

Just be sure you stay on top of this. At some employers you may be asked to give the money back even if it was the employer's error.

I've already worked 3/5 days this week, and I'm forecasted to hit 43.5 hours for the week, including my breaks. My TL keeps staring at me when I said I had to cut hours somewhere.... *sigh*.

this was me today.. I told them i needed to either take a long lunch or leave early so i wouldn't go over. I got "the look" and then i said "would you rather me leave today or leave early when i'm closing gstl on saturday?" of course i got to leave today.

Just be sure you stay on top of this. At some employers you may be asked to give the money back even if it was the employer's error.

Uh what? You must be paid for the time you worked...

Sure wish I could get pass those alcohol sales prompts without calling for a gsa.... sigh... 1 1/2 years to go...

In my state, you only need to be 18 to do alcohol sales. Definitely nice. Of course, when I was a GSA, that's when we had five 17-year-old cashiers, so every time I turned around, they had an alcohol sale.

That's me on a week 2 week basis its even worse come the holiday season on the flow side of things lol but my store I'm glad we don't do alcohol tho we don't hire minors for reasons but from what I was told when we did the PFresh remodel we have it ironically set up if we did sell wine like some retailers do around us we have the stuff already set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back