Archived Who are more driven in your store the males or the females?

Are you more driven than your male/female peer, counterpart?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this, I have rarely seen females with egos during my tenure with Spot. When I have seen them, (All levels), they are not as defensive as the males are when called out upon it. With that being said, I think both genders are generally driven by as much as themselves would allow as someone stated earlier in the thread. Strategies, a stroke of good luck, a team effort and strong work ethic generally creates a store from going from bad to good. Put good leaders in place, they create leaders among their peers. Place bad people in place, well you get the idea. :eek:. All in all, I'm pleased to work for a company where you can LITERALLY see many, many diffenernt kinds of people from all walks, whether it be gender, culture, etc. ;) Keep the comments coming everyone. I'm sure newbies who read this thread learn, inspire and take something from Breakrooms vast knowledge library!!! :D

Wow you must be at a real slow ,boring and struggling store.
Actually we're A+ volume, it's just that 90% of our sales are Saturday and Sunday.. weekdays are slow as hell in Electronics. Who wants to buy a new TV on a workday?

Through my time with my current store, I have seen different types of people in which my store employed. I have seen an abundance of people who had an infective personality and valuable work ethic, who helped the store succeed. We had them in Logistics, Hardlines, Softlines, Grocery and Guest Service. I have seen females work just as hard as the males without complaining much. I have seen males who talk too much and are lazy. I have seen males complete tasks that it would take 2 or more people to complete. Just like any other company, if there is no more opportunities for growth, these hard working people will leave. You give someone a purpose or a goal, and they will either sink or swim.

My store's current team does not have the same ratio of dedicated and motivated team that I described early on. Now I see ETLs who are not as hands-on compared to the previous group. They are more vocal and communicative, instead. The team leads do not have the support of the ETL or district team to give them all the tools that the previous team had to succeed. The younger employees come to work to collect a check in my opinion. Complain of no hours, call out. Give them hours, want to leave early. We always have multiple callouts, making it challenging for the rest who still care to work harder. I wish I can go into more detail, but I will not. As one of the few remaining tenured and dedicated people at my store, sometimes it is hard keeping my head up. I can not cover for everyone. However, I will not let anyone fail in their duties. I must do my best to ensure that the teams succeed as much as possible.

There is saying in the old eastern cultures. “An army of donkeys led by a tiger is better than an army of tigers led by a donkey”.

This sounds like some rejected Disney Pixar movie with some underlying message about being yourself, or bravery, or whatever.

This sounds like some rejected Disney Pixar movie with some underlying message about being yourself, or bravery, or whatever.

Less of a Pixar and more DreamWorks with Carlos Mencia, Kathy Griffin, Dane Cook, and Gilbert Gottfried doing the voice work.

Last edited:
We have good and bad of both sexes.
I still cannot fathom how the lazy TMs are still here they are so lazy

The good ones do 3 to 4 times as much as the lazy TMs.

I call my few lazy TMs team TD. For take a dump. They walk around like they have to take a dump.
Funny! for my store I'd say the same good and bad for both male and female.

we have a PA here that just does a half fast order, she comes in twice a week and one of the days shes scheduled on a day she has to do the order. Anyways I come in the next day and the shipment comes in early, guest is looking for bagged potatoes and bagged granny smith apples.

NONE ORDERED. No apples NOT enough tomatoes no lemons limes etc. Almost everything on my pallet i didn't even need, actually most of it was the store ordered naked drinks.

Me(goes up to pa)

Me: Have you ordered potatoes and apples? It appears it's not on my pallet. Im assuming you ordered them and maybe it's just on back order.(just testing this person)

Other PA: No. Actually I just ordered what the device told me to order.

Me: no comment.

How the fuck hard is it TO CHECK THE BACK TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEFORE DOING THE ORDER?? YOU CANT GO BY WHAT THE DEVICE SAYS TO ORDER. ITS NEVER ACCURATE, YOU JUST CANT.PLEASE STOP BEING LAZY AND DO THE ORDER THE RIGHT WAY! Jesus!

Sorry had to rant!

I come in the next morning after im off, see the back wall is empty of milk, looks like everyone came in shopping for milk as if a storm was going to hit! and NOPE theres 3 new pallets of milk sitting in the milk cooler wrapped in fucking shrink wrap not touched. Now Milk comes in on non truck days, and it comes in around 8AM. THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO DO IT. So I have to do those 3 pallets of milk in the morning which takes an hour and a half> because it's not maintained. How is this girl getting away with an empty back wall of milk all day?

The only think i can think of is she is zoning one row of milk forward. she figures oh no lod is gonna actually look to see if it's full capacity.

Last edited:
Funny! for my store I'd say the same good and bad for both male and female.

we have a PA here that just does a half fast order, she comes in twice a week and one of the days shes scheduled on a day she has to do the order. Anyways I come in the next day and the shipment comes in early, guest is looking for bagged potatoes and bagged granny smith apples.

NONE ORDERED. No apples NOT enough tomatoes no lemons limes etc. Almost everything on my pallet i didn't even need, actually most of it was the store ordered naked drinks.

Me(goes up to pa)

Me: Have you ordered potatoes and apples? It appears it's not on my pallet. Im assuming you ordered them and maybe it's just on back order.(just testing this person)

Other PA: No. Actually I just ordered what the device told me to order.

Me: no comment.

How the fuck hard is it TO CHECK THE BACK TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE BEFORE DOING THE ORDER?? YOU CANT GO BY WHAT THE DEVICE SAYS TO ORDER. ITS NEVER ACCURATE, YOU JUST CANT.PLEASE STOP BEING LAZY AND DO THE ORDER THE RIGHT WAY! Jesus!

Sorry had to rant!

I come in the next morning after im off, see the back wall is empty of milk, looks like everyone came in shopping for milk as if a storm was going to hit! and NOPE theres 3 new pallets of milk sitting in the milk cooler wrapped in fucking shrink wrap not touched. Now Milk comes in on non truck days, and it comes in around 8AM. THERES PLENTY OF TIME TO DO IT. So I have to do those 3 pallets of milk in the morning which takes an hour and a half> because it's not maintained. How is this girl getting away with an empty back wall of milk all day?

The only think i can think of is she is zoning one row of milk forward. she figures oh no lod is gonna actually look to see if it's full capacity.
If I could love this comment I would. I'm so tired of being the only one to push milk...heck my back is tired of it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back